So I tried to quit, and it's not working.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hi Storm_Cloud,

Pay no mind to the few snarky jackasses here. They don't know your whole story. (I) guessed you were much older, maybe a father. Just smart asses, with the emphasis on "asses." No hate toward them though.:D

Possibly Bastiatian gave you the best advice: Don't use UPS as a reference. BUT, if you want to, as "work experience," maybe a "white lie," such as "I had a serious transportation problem" that (think of good reason) you supposedly don't have now will show some experience at least.

I don't like lying overall, but sometimes in this real world a so-called white lie can move something forward without you being a truly bad person. My personal, subjective thoughts.

Good luck young man.

--John
South Jersey

Leaving UPS off of his application will show a considerable gap in his work history which he will be asked to explain to potential employers. Put UPS on the app with the start and end dates and put a generic reason for leaving.

Future

Victory Ride
Which ones----the fast food restaurants or the farms?
image.jpeg
????

Nimnim

The Nim
Actually, to be safe from litigation, all they can do is confirm dates of employment.
They can also say if it was a resignation or termination. Details of such likely left off unless the termination ended up with a criminal conviction. No litigation if someone stole and was convicted and UPS says the person was terminated for theft with a conviction to follow it up.

km3

Leaving UPS off of his application will show a considerable gap in his work history which he will be asked to explain to potential employers. Put UPS on the app with the start and end dates and put a generic reason for leaving.

He said he has no other experience, so there wouldn't be a gap in his history--it would be non-existent. Having a job for only a few weeks (that isn't seasonal) is a lot worse/harder to explain than a 2 or 3 month gap, anyway. He won't be doing himself any favors by keeping it on his app...at least for now. After he's been somewhere else for a while, then maybe he can think about putting it on his resume.

haller

It's not like that. I'm not very old. I'm talking about siblings and parents.

If you're at least 17, i recommend going to Marine Corps boot camp and enter reserves. Come back stronger and be able to handle the stress if you ever work in any type of preload again. Preload sure is stressful as :censored2:.

davidix

Nobody even checks work history. At most they just confirm through the HR employee verification. Every employer has it. Literally takes 5 minutes.

If your new job asks about you they can't sat anything other than you quit or you got fired. Even then sometimes they don't even tell you that. They'll just verify hire date and end date.

Dr.Brownz

If you're at least 17, i recommend going to Marine Corps boot camp and enter reserves. Come back stronger and be able to handle the stress if you ever work in any type of preload again. Preload sure is stressful as :censored2:.

We had a marine off the street hire. Quit in his 30 days. He became famous after a day of 120 stops in 13 hours on the training route. Wasnt too smart. Insisted that bending at the waist was easier than bending at the knees because he was "too tall" lololol. he was about 2 inches taller than me.

Just sayin...