So I was going to do yard work today...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its 75 degrees and sunny outside, my garden beds are full of weeds, and I need to pull them and do some composting and spread some bark dust around and basically go out in my back yard and do a big post-winter cleanup. I had set aside the entire middle part of my day do go out there and kick some butt...I was all gung-ho about it...but my wife has a cold and she is sitting in the living room and this morning she started watching this BBC TV series called "Orphan Black" through our on-demand cable service. Its now 4:00 in the afternoon and I haven't gotten my ass off of the couch yet. I guess they call it "binge watching" and I have just learned that it is basically like an electronic form of crack cocaine. Oh well, maybe I can get some work done tomorrow.....

rod

Retired 22 years
Its 75 degrees and sunny outside, my garden beds are full of weeds, and I need to pull them and do some composting and spread some bark dust around and basically go out in my back yard and do a big post-winter cleanup. I had set aside the entire middle part of my day do go out there and kick some butt...I was all gung-ho about it...but my wife has a cold and she is sitting in the living room and this morning she started watching this BBC TV series called "Orphan Black" through our on-demand cable service. Its now 4:00 in the afternoon and I haven't gotten my ass off of the couch yet. I guess they call it "binge watching" and I have just learned that it is basically like an electronic form of crack cocaine. Oh well, maybe I can get some work done tomorrow.....

That's every day after you retire

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Oh, well. Excrement occurs.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Tomorrow's another day. I'm not used to doing anything substantial while the sun is up.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Planned on finishing my spring clean up today too, until I had to drive my neighbor to the ER.
The guy is 75, and a tough old SOB. He took the tip of his big toe off with his chainsaw. He didn't want to go,but his wife(who doesn't drive) forced him.

At least you didn't go all out in the yard like me today and get sunburnt. Got a lot done and had a great day but now I'm so tired and sore. After a 55 hour week I'll be toast tomorrow.

Planned on finishing my spring clean up today too, until I had to drive my neighbor to the ER.
The guy is 75, and a tough old SOB. He took the tip of his big toe off with his chainsaw. He didn't want to go,but his wife(who doesn't drive) forced him.
That sounds like one hell of a story.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was a little unmotivated too but I spent a lil therapy time with MARYJANE to help get me motivated, and it worked like normal, shes alright lmfao

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Rented a power rake to thatch the lawn. Sunny out but the windiest day in history. Filled my pickup truck and the rest blew all over the hood.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was a little unmotivated too but I spent a lil therapy time with MARYJANE to help get me motivated, and it worked like normal, shes alright lmfao
Last time I spent any time with MARYJANE, I found out the hard way that she does not get along very well with tequila. I woke up in the back of somebody's pickup truck without any shoes on, and no recollection at all of how that might have occurred or even whose truck it was. The walk home was long, slow, painful and confusing. Judging by the amount and texture of the chunks I kept blowing, I was able to surmise that MARYJANE had probably given me a good case of the munchies the night before. It was an educational experience and one that I have no intention of ever repeating again.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Last time I spent any time with MARYJANE, I found out the hard way that she does not get along very well with tequila. I woke up in the back of somebody's pickup truck without any shoes on, and no recollection at all of how that might have occurred or even whose truck it was. The walk home was long, slow, painful and confusing. Judging by the amount and texture of the chunks I kept blowing, I was able to surmise that MARYJANE had probably given me a good case of the munchies the night before. It was an educational experience and one that I have no intention of ever repeating again.
Good story too n pretty funny. Think weve all been there rookie or not rookie lmfao