So I was walked out of the building today..

Nimnim

The Nim
Given newer responses, I'm not seeing remorse, and were I a steward that had to represent I'd make sure that day I was not able to represent. Ipecac if need be.

UPS Preloader

Given newer responses, I'm not seeing remorse, and were I a steward that had to represent I'd make sure that day I was not able to represent. Ipecac if need be.

I haven't seen any remorse since his 2nd post. Assuming he's a good employee; If he wises up, pleads stupidity and promises not to do it again he'll probably get his job back, but with comments like these he doesn't deserve his job back: (IMHO)

“there is a decent chance I probably wont do anything like this again.”

“but I'm for real starting to think this was almost a stupid decision by me.”

UPSjacks84

With some of these responces you would think I for real did something wrong. This is just UPS way of finding any little petty reason to fire me. If this was any other company I highly doubt any action would be taken. This is what happens when they have it out for you I guess

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
I'll just let the process pan out. I was kinda caught with my pants down here I guess. I'm just gonna be honest and say I had a horrible lack of judgement and there is a decent chance I probably wont do anything like this again.
Decent chance?
Probably?

With some of these responces you would think I for real did something wrong. This is just UPS way of finding any little petty reason to fire me. If this was any other company I highly doubt any action would be taken. This is what happens when they have it out for you I guess
You did do something wrong for real. Problem is you haven't been out in the workforce long enough to realize it.
And this is not a petty little reason. I doubt if they "have it out" for you, provided you were a good worker.

Times have changed, and sadly, the workers are no longer considered an asset; they are now a liability.
And companies now have a neat little division called risk management.
Sexual harrasment, amongst a plethora of other things, has become a huge deal.
It is a huge liability to have workers doing this when the potential for a lawsuit rears its ugly head.
Once again, like at contract time, companies only understand money, and they see you as a giant payment to those who saw, and were "traumatized."
Having covered it's bases with the super swift action of termination, I say UPS will not waver on it's stance in this case.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Stupidity is grounds for termination at most companies.Thankfully he has Teamster muscle to help him keep his job, whether he deserves it or not.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
1st thing is UPS sexual harassment policy is way beyond what the legal definition of harassment is. In fact, it allows so many subjective interpretations that it is almost as useless as a managerial tool. It really comes down to the intent.

Did you intend the act to offer or receive sexual attention? By your statement it sounds like no. You just wanted to insult her using you uncovered keister. That's not sexual harassment, that's insubordination; insubordination is a warning offence. Exposing your rear end is not technically obscene behavior or what the law calls "lewd conduct". At best, it would be classified as "indecent exposure."

It will depend on how smart your BA is and whether he/she can water down the issue and get you out of the area of that supervisor; it's not sexual harassment. If the company keeps the charge that way and you lose your job (don't resign) you can sue them for defamation. That's the funny thing about the law, even when your wrong, you can still be right.

UPSjacks84

I appreciate all the responces. Guys, I don't think I've made a terrible mistake here, I KNOW I have. This is not the way I want to represent myself, my family and especially UPS. If this was a non union job I would be fired on the spot with no questions asked and it would be old news by now. This is one of the rare companies where you can really earn a more than healthy living if you wait it out without a college degree and I'm really starting to see the light. I'm a young man but there is really no excuse for an act like this. It was selfish, irresponsible and one of the more immature things a person could do. This isn't a middle school class room, it's the work place. I'm going to do everything I can to get my job back, but if I don't get it back, I have no one to blame but myself.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Handed my Diad V to a cute, young receptionist today and she told me "Your little thingy is cold today". Maybe I should file harassment charges against her for calling my appendage little.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I appreciate all the responces. Guys, I don't think I've made a terrible mistake here, I KNOW I have. This is not the way I want to represent myself, my family and especially UPS. If this was a non union job I would be fired on the spot with no questions asked and it would be old news by now. This is one of the rare companies where you can really earn a more than healthy living if you wait it out without a college degree and I'm really starting to see the light. I'm a young man but there is really no excuse for an act like this. It was selfish, irresponsible and one of the more immature things a person could do. This isn't a middle school class room, it's the work place. I'm going to do everything I can to get my job back, but if I don't get it back, I have no one to blame but myself.

Much better. Hopefully, you've learned your lesson and this will just be a minor bump in an otherwise solid career. This is why you pay union dues.

DSM515

man up, learn a life lesson because we don't need people like you. how old are you 13? you WILL not get your job back and hopefully you WILL learn a lesson. If not you have a long hard road ahead. This has to be a joke by the OP or the most stupid thing i have seen in my 22 years.

I'll just let the process pan out. I was kinda caught with my pants down here I guess. I'm just gonna be honest and say I had a horrible lack of judgement and there is a decent chance I probably wont do anything like this again.
Just tell your sup...I knew you was gonna stick it to me...I was just trying saving you some time!

barnyard

KTM rider
Over the past couple of days, I asked the PT supes on the preload and local sort what they would do if an hourly mooned them. They all said they would walk the person out themselves and 3 of them said that they would do what they could do to keep the hourly fired.

I am betting you are done.

stoni24

He wouldn't be done in my local. We had two "sexual in nature" instances last year. One involving a customer being exposed, both drivers are still employed.

packageguy

Hey all, I discovered this message board when I was trying to google something about UPS a few months ago and I have read on and off since. I think this is the best place to get information about UPS even better than some of the local hubs.

With that said, I was fired today. I have worked at UPS for alomost three years and I load most days and am a backup pickoff. I have a really good working realtionship with my female supervisor but today when I was walking from one load to another I playfully mooned my supervisor and right when I did that our buliding manager walked through the door to the up stairs offices and saw me. I immediately pulled my pants up and my boss said come with me, didn't say one word to me about the mooning, he had me sit in his office for a couple minutes as he got our union steward and my boss informed me that I was being terminated for sexual harrasment and I was walked out of the building. After I was walked out my steward told me about what I needed to do next in order to get my job back and after that I was like be honest with me do you think I'll get my job back and he said he didn't know for sure as he's never dealt with a case like this and usally the only way to truly get fired is to steal or put your hands on someone but he wouldn't be shocked if this firing was upheld. What do you guys think will happen?

​I think your done.....

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
As a Steward I think you probably need to start looking for a new job! The company cannot bring you back. If they do they are opening themselves up to lawsuits and alot of trouble. The Union will not be able to save you on this one, if they even try. They don't want to be cast as a group that supports or promotes sexual harassment! Like it or not, that's what it is!