so i'm in this now.

Taurine

hey browncafe i hope you all are doing well

i'm new to UPS. i was brought on as a seasonal driver helper earlier this week and have my first training shift tomorrow. I'm 21 and studying information systems at University of North Texas. I haven't heard much about this position but what I have has been positive!

what can i expect as a driver helper at UPS? this is a company I am thrilled to now be a (relatively small) part of. i'm just now seeking out internships and hoping to network here & there, and having a small "in" like this at UPS is awesome imo. what advice would you give a seasonal employee who wants their best chance at staying with the company after the peak cutoff in February (Jan?)? I'd love to eventually transfer to part time and ideally explore other positions at the company, aside from Driver Helper

in terms of tuition assistance, that isn't available to seasonal employees, correct?

look forward to spending time on here and getting to know you people!

By The Book

Be on time, looking sharp, no strong smelling cologne. Listen and observe trying not to ask to many questions while working. Ask a few questions at lunch. If your driver tells you to pick up the pace, try to accommodate. If he tells you to walk and not run, try to accommodate. Follow all the safety rules, it's no joke. There's no tuition assistance for seasonal workers.

See if they need any help inside of the building. I was a previous air driver, but it took me 3 years as a helper to get back on, because they didn't know me at the building. Don't spend your work hours posting on Brown cafe when you're supposed to be helping. Get a headlight, a flashlight you wear . Don't need to pee all the time.