So I've just completed a year with UPS and my pay goes down?

SnowCitizen

There is new language in the part-time wages section in this contract the says: "Part-time employees still in progression on August 1, 2008 shall recieve the above contractual increases and will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with the wage schedules in Article 22, Section 5 (b) below."

In short, you can not make less than a part timer hired after you, at worst you always will make the same. On your one year seniority date, you should receive a 15 cent raise. It was still advantageous to get hired before the new contract, because you will now slowly get bigger raises than new hires.

On August 1st you should be making 10.375 if being paid at the unskilled rate. Good luck.

tramtwo

Thank you.

So just finished the shift, I was moved to pickoff for a different truck (the other pickoff guy was throwing in too many mis-sorts). Sure feels like a skilled position. :0

Anyway the hub manager says he will check with payroll and let me know tomorrow. He did say that if I owed UPS money, no matter how small an amount that I would soon be receiving a letter to request the funds back.

Anyway I am as confused as ever… I’ll post back. J

LED

plus even if you do not pick off every day, you still should have the extra dollar in your pay rate

There has always been a big debate over the pickoff position. To my knowledge it is still considered unskilled, and paid that way.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There has always been a big debate over the pickoff position. To my knowledge it is still considered unskilled, and paid that way.

Under the national agreement, preloader and sorter rates are $1.00/hr more. Sorter= pickoff in the operations I have worked.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

"Employees working high volume direct or low volume direct shall receive the preloader/sorter rates."
Quoted from the NMA posted on this site [Art.22 sec.5(b)]. High/low volume direct = pickoff. The contract is clear, there should be no debate.

tramtwo

There is new language in the part-time wages section in this contract the says: "Part-time employees still in progression on August 1, 2008 shall recieve the above contractual increases and will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with the wage schedules in Article 22, Section 5 (b) below."

In short, you can not make less than a part timer hired after you, at worst you always will make the same. On your one year seniority date, you should receive a 15 cent raise. It was still advantageous to get hired before the new contract, because you will now slowly get bigger raises than new hires.

On August 1st you should be making 10.375 if being paid at the unskilled rate. Good luck.

Looks like you're right. :)

- CURRENT PAY RATE 10.00
- REGULAR 9.85 4.38
- REGULAR 10.00 5.86