So long Lemmy

Future

Victory Ride
403413.jpg

wkmac

I realize most people know Lemmy for Motorhead and in 76' saw Motorhead open for Montrose but I also remember Lemmy as bassist for the avant-garde, Space Rock band Hawkwind whom I saw in early 74' as they concluded the tour from which the iconic live album Space Ritual was recorded. Here is a video of Lemmy and Hawkwind playing their 1972' hit Silver Machine.

RIP Lemmy.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I never got all of the hype about Lemmy.He was a HORRIBLE vocalist ,crappy songwriter and less than average bassist.
He was ALL image,and if it were anyone else they'd be labled a poser

Anthonysg0113

He will be missed! He started out as a roadie for Jimi Hendrix, and then went to Hawkwind. I got to see Motorhead in Nashville in 1999. One of the loudest shows I ever saw for the venue size. So long Lemmy!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I never got all of the hype about Lemmy.He was a HORRIBLE vocalist ,crappy songwriter and less than average bassist.
He was ALL image,and if it were anyone else they'd be labled a poser
If you don't like Motorhead that's fine, you're not the only one but your criticism's are basically BS. There wasn't any "hype" about Lemmy or his band, they were never conventionally popular and never tried to be. Their only "image" was being a hard rock band.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you don't like Motorhead that's fine, you're not the only one but your criticism's are basically BS. There wasn't any "hype" about Lemmy or his band, they were never conventionally popular and never tried to be. Their only "image" was being a hard rock band.
thanks for telling me what my opinion should be lol

THIS is a great bassist

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Here is another fantastic bassist that has never had to compensate for being a no talent hack by Posing