So many questions.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
At least everyone should be able to show up at that time. Ours are Saturdays, stewards at 8:30 everyone else at 9. We have alot of guys that are still working at that time. But this time works well for the high seniority daytime m-friend drivers so it stays the same.

I disagree. Steve said it best.

JonFrum

At least everyone should be able to show up at that time. Ours are Saturdays, stewards at 8:30 everyone else at 9. We have alot of guys that are still working at that time. But this time works well for the high seniority daytime m-friend drivers so it stays the same.
He means that in the nice way!!!:happy-very:

A

anonymous6

I hate the Mondays after the union meeting because the calls usually start about 8am and they're all the same. "So what happened at the meeting?" I won't usually say what is on my mind, like "Show up and see what happens" but sometimes I am very tempted. Guys want to complain all the time but won't take the time to show up and voice their complaints in a venue that is just for that. Frustrating.:angry:

It' s the same ol thing. the biggest complainers never file, never do anything. it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

A

anonymous6

The union representation is in it for themselves and the comfy deals they make with the company, not it's members and their best interest. How long have you been around?

s.e.l.l.o.u.t.s.

What kind of deals ? Please be more specific. ( or zita )

maybe I should become a shop steward and get in on these spectacular deals.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The union representation is in it for themselves and the comfy deals they make with the company, not it's members and their best interest. How long have you been around?

s.e.l.l.o.u.t.s.

Not all ... somehow I do not see this applying to 705red.

Just as with UPS management, when you paint with a broad brush, you are setting yourself up.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Our union meetings are on Sunday at 10am.

Enough said. Terrible time and worst of all (i realize this part is just my situation) 40 miles each way...no thanks

lack of interest? definitly not. it seems the meetings time and day are designed to have members NOT show up.

What would be a better time? Even 10am Sunday was a problem one year here, Feeders was running @ CACH (Peak season). Still a much better alternative than 7pm Thursdays like they used to be here: most package drivers either just getting back to the center, or too far away from the hall to make the meeting; though I haven't checked the board, I'd bet a majority of feeder drivers are working; and my SWAG is about 40% of part time inside workers on the clock.
If it's important to you, you'll make the trip.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What would be a better time? Even 10am Sunday was a problem one year here, Feeders was running @ CACH (Peak season). Still a much better alternative than 7pm Thursdays like they used to be here: most package drivers either just getting back to the center, or too far away from the hall to make the meeting; though I haven't checked the board, I'd bet a majority of feeder drivers are working; and my SWAG is about 40% of part time inside workers on the clock.
If it's important to you, you'll make the trip.

saturday afternoon? 12pm? 2pm? 4pm?

Sunday afternoon? 12pm 2pm? 4pm?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
saturday afternoon? 12pm? 2pm? 4pm?

No saturday air drivers in your Local? Or again, feeders?

Sunday afternoon? 12pm 2pm? 4pm?

With travel time added to/from the meeting, do you think you're more likely to get people to take 2-4 hours out of the middle of a Sunday afternoon, or meet at 10am, with most members potentially back home or wherever they want to be by noon?

And what about other, nonUPS, Teamsters in your Local? What day/time works for them?

Religious services conflict? Are there 8am or noon services, or an alternate day of the week? Maybe you could attend one of those 9 times out of the year.