So much for learning from past mistakes

Future

Victory Ride
oompa-loompa-assau_2439825b.jpg
Our center has hired a lot of extra people.
Mine also ...and here they are!

watdaflock?

If people have a disappointing Christmas because they waited until the last minute they only have themselves to blame. And retailers are fools if they think they can make guarantees like that. Imbeciles. All of them.
Consumers are fools to think their order on the 20th of December will "absolutely arrive before Xmas guaranteed." The next line from the sales rep is "Will you be placing your order on Visa today?"

The sales rep making guarantees on the phone will say whatever just to close the deal.

Can't blame the retailer, consumer or (drum roll please) the shipper!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Consumers are fools to think their order on the 20th of December will "absolutely arrive before Xmas guaranteed." The next line from the sales rep is "Will you be placing your order on Visa today?"

The sales rep making guarantees on the phone will say whatever just to close the deal.

Can't blame the retailer, consumer or (drum roll please) the shipper!
Phones sales reps. What is this 1995?

ups1990

I
UPS has already said they will turn away volume rather than be unable to process and deliver it on time.

Then the shippers will blame UPS for refusing the volume and make us look bad again. I hope that UPS does follow up on this threat with these retail giants. What good would a surcharge do? An upgrade to air would mean they would get delivered at the expense of a ground delivery failure.

Brownslave688

I

Then the shippers will blame UPS for refusing the volume and make us look bad again. I hope that UPS does follow up on this threat with these retail giants. What good would a surcharge do? An upgrade to air would mean they would get delivered at the expense of a ground delivery failure.
FedEx turns away volume every year. Have heard any of the retailers come out and bash them.

sigreq

It looks like to me everyone here is in some way related to Nostradamus with all the predictions. Christmas hit the fan one time in the past 100+ years, so now it's just gonna be the norm? They have hired a ton of ppl. Let's stop the constant whining and see what happens.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

It looks like to me everyone here is in some way related to Nostradamus with all the predictions. Christmas hit the fan one time in the past 100+ years, so now it's just gonna be the norm? They have hired a ton of ppl. Let's stop the constant whining and see what happens.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Lol haven't been here long huh?

We all saw the writing on the wall. Every year had gotten progressively worse. I don't think we could of predicted it would be last year but knew it was going to happen at some point.

Dr.Brownz

UPS has already said they will turn away volume rather than be unable to process and deliver it on time.

I recall them also saying OR they said they would charge them a premium fee. It's going to be premium fee and then have a massive backlog. Corporate won't care because profits will be at an all time high again

sigreq

Lol haven't been here long huh?

We all saw the writing on the wall. Every year had gotten progressively worse. I don't think we could of predicted it would be last year but knew it was going to happen at some point.

12 years. 10 years full time driver

Sent using BrownCafe App

smapple

Sounds like basic "supply & demand" and tradeoffs: if they raise the price as the day comes closer the demand should shrink since they'll go to the competition but your reputation goes down and possible lawsuit for price gouging. Maybe I'm limited in my thinking, but seems like UPS is making the best of the situation, which is make as much money and don't mind some demerits reputation wise for late deliveries.

Future

Victory Ride
had 2 loaders on thursday just straight up and leave...no idea how long they have been at UPS..but I would estimate at least 1 year?