So my hub lost all power tonight.

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
So tonight at my hub we lost all power for about an hour and a half. When power came back on all network/package processing interfaces we still down.

Alot of employees were sent home.

Any other hubs ever lose power?

It was the weather, lightning struck a transformer near by.

Turned an average night into a mess of disorganized, stressed supervisors running a muck to figure out what to do and how....lol

CHALLY9TX

Has happened few times. Blown transformer shut our hub down once. Just parked our pcs and punched out. Management dealt with the rest. Long line at the gas pumps the following morning.

Sent using BrownCafe App

browntroll

has happened at my hub, everyone gets told to wait in a spot where loss prevention can keep an eye on you.
last time i was sharing a 30 ft space with like 40 ppl, but we had to wait for power to turn back on so we can
start working again, no one went home early that day.

AKCoverMan

has happened at my hub, everyone gets told to wait in a spot where loss prevention can keep an eye on you.
last time i was sharing a 30 ft space with like 40 ppl, but we had to wait for power to turn back on so we can

Boring.. But easy OT!

UPS4Life

Damn they must not have a lot of faith in your fellow workers if they basically put you in a pen

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have one generator for the whole half of NJ. We have to send a feeder to pick it up, then the electricians have to fire it up. By time this all takes place, quite often, the power is back on.

Notretiredyet

I love days like that, watching all the management people stress out. It really bites them in the rear at those times not having anyone capable of making any type of decision running the show.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center is next to an intersection which tends to have a lot of accidents. One of these snapped a telephone pole, knocking out power to the area. Metal rollers were placed on top of the belt and packages were pushed toward the sort. Everyone worked together to make sure everything go out on time.

Johney

Our center is next to an intersection which tends to have a lot of accidents. One of these snapped a telephone pole, knocking out power to the area. Metal rollers were placed on top of the belt and packages were pushed toward the sort. Everyone worked together to make sure everything go out on time.
One whole belt in the BOG? You all really have it tough.

oldngray

nowhere special
My building had a dedicated power line so if it went out they had to use portable generators to power the lights but not enough to run the belts. If it was a short outage they would have people hand carry packages around but if it was going to be a long wait they would send people home.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Lost power in our building last summer. 98 degrees and we were sliding everything on rollers that we laid down the belt. Power kicked back on 10 mins before we were done. Talk about a smile*** day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

My building, which is also a small hub, has a permanent diesel generator hooked up. We run it during the summer on hot "electric peak alert days".

Returntosender

Cart train with flash lights. Next day and second day air are the packages that need to get into the trucks. Ground they just say bypass. Ground can be sorted out with the cover drivers and on road supervisors during the daylight.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Must give you a warm fuzzy feeling about the company.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We lost power during the sort....came back on after a few hours but then some problem with the computer system...was a total cluster friend. I think we got out around noon that day.

Johney

We lost power during the sort....came back on after a few hours but then some problem with the computer system...was a total cluster friend. I think we got out around noon that day.
Amazing isn't it? Have these people ever heard of an uninterrupted power supply? I get it that if the power goes out the building shuts down,but the computer system? Really? I have seen it time and time again.