So, UPS called me back for a job and I have questions

zephead

Hello all, I found this site on Yahoo Answers and it looks to be just what I'm looking for. :happy2:

I applied online for UPS in December to get a job as a driver helper in Riverside, CA, on the recommendation of a friend who has some sort of senior position, but the seasonal spots were already full. Now, a few days ago, a guy from UPS called me and wants me to come in on Tuesday (tomorrow) at 10:30am.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm gonna be interviewed or if I'm gonna be hired, because the guy on the phone didn't exactly say. However, what he did say is "come in and we'll show you around, and we'll take things from there."

I don't think they'd want to waste time showing me around unless they're actually giving me the job, right? :anxious:

pkg handler

Hello all, I found this site on Yahoo Answers and it looks to be just what I'm looking for. :happy2:

I applied online for UPS in December to get a job as a driver helper in Riverside, CA, on the recommendation of a friend who has some sort of senior position, but the seasonal spots were already full. Now, a few days ago, a guy from UPS called me and wants me to come in on Tuesday (tomorrow) at 10:30am.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm gonna be interviewed or if I'm gonna be hired, because the guy on the phone didn't exactly say. However, what he did say is "come in and we'll show you around, and we'll take things from there."

I don't think they'd want to waste time showing me around unless they're actually giving me the job, right? :anxious:

Probaly going in for a tour tommorrow ..show you around and let you know what its like

feeder53

ADKtrails
In my center, they took a large number of people on the "tour" and did not hire some of them, Go in and see what they are offering.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
zephead, Welcome to the Brown Cafe,

The Driver Helper jobs are for the Christmas season, so they are probably going to offer you a part time job in one of our buildings unloading or loading our delivery trucks and trailers.

zephead

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies.

Any tips for going in there tomorrow so I can basically know what to expect?

zephead

I went yesterday and and met the guy I've been talking to on the phone, and he gave me the tour, along with telling me the 3 important things (safety, service, production #'s). It wasn't a group tour/orientation thing, it was just me that he was showing around.

So he had me read and sign a few papers for background/credit checks, and an interview paper which we got done pretty quick with. Since I'll be finishing high school in a week or two, he said I could probably start in the beginning of April.

Overall, it went pretty well. Thanks for the help!