So We Are No Longer on the best place to work list

snackdad

2011 not in top 100
2010 #91
2009 #90
2008 #97
2007 not in top 100
2006 #64

Maybe Forbes has a top 1000 list FedEx has made recently. Starbucks consistently ranks much higher than FedEx.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Wonder it Fred had MT3 send them an email saying something along the lines of "We were so busy figuring out how to give our slaves, I mean employees, a raise and trying to figure out how to negate it by jacking up health care costs, that we forgot to mail the check..."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wonder it Fred had MT3 send them an email saying something along the lines of "We were so busy figuring out how to give our slaves, I mean employees, a raise and trying to figure out how to negate it by jacking up health care costs, that we forgot to mail the check..."

I have always wondered if there was some sort of payoff to get on the list, as in paying for advertising etc. For the last 10 years or so FedEx had no business being on the list anyway. Some FedEx "perks", such as Tuition Reimbursement, have either been so restricted as to be unusable by most employees or just eliminated. How many FT couriers can go to school on the typical bizarre FedEx schedule?

What will be interesting is how they handle it from a PR perspective. My guess would be that they would hype Express as consistently being one of the Top 100 Places to Work, and just ignore the fact that they have absolutely no business being ranked anywhere near the Top 100. If it's such a great company, why do so many people leave almost immediately? The answer is easy. FedEx sucks....

This whole company is such a charade. There is so much "behind-the-scenes" drama and chicanery going on, all hinged upon Fred and his wholly-owned susidiary the US Congress, doing his bidding. What other company has EVER been the beneficiary of such favorable legislation? And it isn't just the RLA. Ground is also another case of one company having a total advantage over it's competition, with a defacto "WalMart" subsidy that forces employees to be wards of the state. That's just wrong, but that's the way our political system works...for those with the money to buy-off the government.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have always wondered if there was some sort of payoff to get on the list, as in paying for advertising etc. For the last 10 years or so FedEx had no business being on the list anyway. Some FedEx "perks", such as Tuition Reimbursement, have either been so restricted as to be unusable by most employees or just eliminated. How many FT couriers can go to school on the typical bizarre FedEx schedule?

What will be interesting is how they handle it from a PR perspective. My guess would be that they would hype Express as consistently being one of the Top 100 Places to Work, and just ignore the fact that they have absolutely no business being ranked anywhere near the Top 100. If it's such a great company, why do so many people leave almost immediately? The answer is easy. FedEx sucks....

This whole company is such a charade. There is so much "behind-the-scenes" drama and chicanery going on, all hinged upon Fred and his wholly-owned susidiary the US Congress, doing his bidding. What other company has EVER been the beneficiary of such favorable legislation? And it isn't just the RLA. Ground is also another case of one company having a total advantage over it's competition, with a defacto "WalMart" subsidy that forces employees to be wards of the state. That's just wrong, but that's the way our political system works...for those with the money to buy-off the government.

First of all I'm sure the editors gladly accept some form of payment to get on the list and with the way Fred operates by buying off people I'm sure he just forgot to mail the check. Look on your desk Fred under your supply of caviar.

Secondly with Smith buying off the US congress, that practice should be illegal as hell. Him and all the congressmen and senators should be in prison for such practices, but unfortunately our whole political system is so out of whack people like Smith get away with it.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I know that this is how the Better Business Bureau works. The company has to "donate" to get on the Preferred or A+ rating list. There is no real reason for the Forbes list or the BBB for that matter. It all comes to who wants to pay the most to get the recognition.

klein

Für Meno :)
How does this make you fellows feel ?
(I wouldn't worry about being in the Fortune 100, if minimum wage jobs make it into it with shift and weekend work ) !

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant

We are proud to announce the Darden family of restaurants has been named one of @FORTUNE Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For! We want to thank our wonderful Olive Garden family for helping us get there; from our servers and hosts, to our kitchen and management team, we truly couldn't do it without you!

app_full_proxy.php
Best Companies 2012 - FORTUNE Magazine's Top 100 Employers to Work For

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How does this make you fellows feel ?
(I wouldn't worry about being in the Fortune 100, if minimum wage jobs make it into it with shift and weekend work ) !

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant

We are proud to announce the Darden family of restaurants has been named one of @FORTUNE Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For! We want to thank our wonderful Olive Garden family for helping us get there; from our servers and hosts, to our kitchen and management team, we truly couldn't do it without you!

app_full_proxy.php
Best Companies 2012 - FORTUNE Magazine's Top 100 Employers to Work For

Not so good. Remember, this is the same Olive Garden that ran TV ads for a couple of years promoting it's "Tuscany Institute", where Olive Garden employees were sent to be trained in the fine art of Italian cooking. Problem was that there was no such thing. In that regard, they sound just like FedEx...fake.

Cactus

Not so good. Remember, this is the same Olive Garden that ran TV ads for a couple of years promoting it's "Tuscany Institute", where Olive Garden employees were sent to be trained in the fine art of Italian cooking. Problem was that there was no such thing. In that regard, they sound just like FedEx...fake.

And if FedEx was a restuarant everything served would be microwaved instead of freshly cooked.

klein

Für Meno :)
Mr Fedex, I like that comment, however Olive Garden is on my fb, and they have a contest once or twice a year, to actually fly to Italy, go to that Tuscany cooking class, and experience Italy, too.
I hope that contest isn't fake, too !

Cactus

US military rank 5 - what a joke that is !

Not sure I trust that one either.

The military sucks. Ask anyone who's ever went through boot camp about all the hidden expenses that no recruiter in his right mind would ever tell you about.