so whats is considered alot of stops?

brownelf

we have a driver who does 400 stops a day this time of year on a regular basis. Last week when it rained he had 10 concerns regarding his DR methods (left in water,ect) imagine that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
All depends of a lot of variables include but not limited to the area your in (city, suburbs, hill towns, driving distance), number of business compared to house calls, how many picks up you have, number of bulk stops, etc.

Giving you a number wouldn't mean anything to you unless you know the area that those numbers cover.

Exactomundo.

But if you really want a delivery stop number it is 360 with a helper and 192 by yourself.

brownelf

Hoax is that the number you look for as average per car in center? Sounds about right for what I'm seeing on our daily reports and would explain why those of us with the bulk of our day in commercial areas are being pounded with an additional residential area to do in the dark each day. We even have helpers working in the dark this year, that didn't happen very much before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax is that the number you look for as average per car in center? Sounds about right for what I'm seeing on our daily reports and would explain why those of us with the bulk of our day in commercial areas are being pounded with an additional residential area to do in the dark each day. We even have helpers working in the dark this year, that didn't happen very much before.

You are probably in a center with Urban and Suburban stop density. These numbers would be representative or average for your center.

Rural and super rural and super-Urban areas will be much lower and closer to normal numbers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I had 117 stops and 203 parcels delivered on Friday. On top of that, my 11 pickup stops resulted in 54 pieces. All done in a little over 11 hours. On my route, I consider that a lot of stops!
An 8 hour day on this route is around 67 stops dispatched.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had 117 stops and 203 parcels delivered on Friday. On top of that, my 11 pickup stops resulted in 54 pieces. All done in a little over 11 hours. On my route, I consider that a lot of stops!
An 8 hour day on this route is around 67 stops dispatched.

My kind of route!
I started swingin' after 21 days but I always enjoyed these type of routes. A driver went out on Med LOA and I ran it for a couple months and on that route it was about 43 stops and maybe 60 packages and lots of miles.

Re-Raise

My route averages between 85 and 105 a day all year. I run about 210 miles a day and deliver about 250 pieces a day.

I cover 4 small towns and three counties, and I can't remember the last time I delivered to someone I didn't know. I have lived in the area my whole life and my kids attend the local school.

If I ever get stuck or have vehicle trouble it is a given I will know the next person to come by.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My kind of route!
I started swingin' after 21 days but I always enjoyed these type of routes. A driver went out on Med LOA and I ran it for a couple months and on that route it was about 43 stops and maybe 60 packages and lots of miles.

Most of the year it is SWEET! Takes me about 1 hour to pretrip and load the package car. Lots of windshield time. The only time it sucks is during snowstorms and having to drive in excess of 200 miles on bad roads. But that is what EC is for!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My route averages between 85 and 105 a day all year. I run about 210 miles a day and deliver about 250 pieces a day.

I cover 4 small towns and three counties, and I can't remember the last time I delivered to someone I didn't know. I have lived in the area my whole life and my kids attend the local school.

If I ever get stuck or have vehicle trouble it is a given I will know the next person to come by.

I bought a heavy duty tow rope at a garage sale a few years back for $5. It lives in my package car. That tow rope has saved UPS well over $1,000 in towing bills over the years. All I ever have to do if I get stuck is to get out, hook one end of the rope onto the bumper, and then just stand there by the side of the road holding the other end in my hand. It is a virtual gurantee that the first person who drives by in any sort of a full-sized pickup or 4x4 will stop and pull me out of whatever I am stuck in. I have had people in economy cars call their friends who have 4x4's to come and tow me. Its almost like a challenge for them. They like to take pictures, and Im pretty sure that I am already on YouTube someplace.

Re-Raise

I bought a heavy duty tow rope at a garage sale a few years back for $5. It lives in my package car. That tow rope has saved UPS well over $1,000 in towing bills over the years. All I ever have to do if I get stuck is to get out, hook one end of the rope onto the bumper, and then just stand there by the side of the road holding the other end in my hand. It is a virtual gurantee that the first person who drives by in any sort of a full-sized pickup or 4x4 will stop and pull me out of whatever I am stuck in. I have had people in economy cars call their friends who have 4x4's to come and tow me. Its almost like a challenge for them. They like to take pictures, and Im pretty sure that I am already on YouTube someplace.

I started going over to my Dad's farm shed each year before the weather started to get bad here in the midwest and borrowed the best chain I could find off of one of the tractors to keep in my truck.

Last year for Christmas my folks said part of my gift was that I could just keep the chain. It was good for a laugh and I keep it in my truck all the time now.

Another good thing about growing up and living on my area is that I can get anyone's cell phone number in 2 calls. If you aren't in my phone I have the number of one of your friends or family.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
On a average day 100 stops on my area. They give me helper at 110. Last monday 145. Finished at 8:30-220 miles. They said a helper only helps 3 stops an hr more

instantK

i just started to drive i been doing 150-160 stops driving 120-130 miles, it seems like a lot but maybe its because im new. im literally fried when i get home

UPSGUY72

On a average day 100 stops on my area. They give me helper at 110. Last monday 145. Finished at 8:30-220 miles. They said a helper only helps 3 stops an hr more

I pick my helper up at 9:30 and keep him till I'm done. I don't care how many hours they say I can keep him. I'm not wasting 30 minutes of daylight just to drop him off.