So what's it really take...

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by TxRoadDawg, Aug 4, 2014.

1. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

aight y'all whats it take to move up. I keep hearing a four year degree in basket weaving or some other meaningless major is required. funny part is outside the center I get told its just a center manager to sign off on driving school to drive awhile as any SMART fulltime sup should do first. After that going full time is 90% center manager wanting you to, and the dm signing off and a willingness to relocate if necessary as long as you dont blow the mapp.

By the way I already know in dreamland you bust your ass, prove you worth in a variety of circumstances, and get promoted strictly by merit. I also know more sups with no or irrelevant degrees like english and philosophy than I've met with industrial engineering or business management degrees. So what does it really take?
  2. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Knee pads, and chap stick

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

Only if my center manager was Jennifer Lawrence and the DM was Heidi Klun...
  4. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

The ability to lie, cheat and steal

with no remorse

Sent using BrownCafe App
  5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

That's because people with 'industrial engineering or business management degrees' have options.
    A 4 year degree is a must except for operations but then you are stuck in operations for your career most likely.
    A 4 year degree use to be required for operations (~10 years ago) but now UPS is having problems hiring/promoting into full-time operations management positions.
  6. Monkey Butt

And you goobers wonder why I mess around with you in Union Issues. LOL
  7. You forgot heartless.
  8. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

Im amazed, all this fine advice and no one has said to grow a pair of boobs yet

Sent using BrownCafe App
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  9. Thats the feeder department!
  10. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

Feeder here is nothing but a set of grumpy old men, only female driver I ever saw looked like she coulda carried a dolly on her back, and made the thing like it
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

ANOTHER disparaging remark about the feeder department! reminds me of an incident one time. I was sitting on the inbound phone, which is right by the path of people leaving the building. All the package car drivers walking out, looking like they took a shower with their uniforms on. I had to go by the shop. My a/c was so cold, it was causing frost to form on the inside of my windows. They had to let some Freon out so I wouldn't get frostbite.:biggrin:
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. I meant feeders had (man) boobs!
  13. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

Hell I keep my office 68 in the heat and 74 in the cold. Still trade it for a few years of those fat onroad checks. Kmew I shoulda checked other on the eoc form....

Sent using BrownCafe App
  14. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

So basically your better off being average, not bad enough to piss the center manager off, not good enough he decides your too good to replace. be in the DM's home center to bring him coffee and donuts everyday. And if you hapen to be a black hispanic indian asain lesbian female the job is yours. Gee all these years I thought it was performance based lmao
  15. mvol50

mvol50 Member

Ft supervisor = always the pokee

Sent using BrownCafe App
  16. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Lets freeze, no pension, inferior benefits, zero job security and bonuses based upon unattainable/impossible numbers. Why would anyone in their right mind take a full time operations management position in today's UPS?
  17. Monkey Butt

Hire from the outside, they don't know any better! LOL
  18. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

hope and change hope and change. oh yea where have I heard that line of crap before
  19. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

Some want it because of injuries, and having no other options outside of ups id imagine.

Most on-roads do have some kind of ailment.....or brain
  20. bagpipes

bagpipes Member

Your original post had some assumptions, which aren't necessary to answer the first sentence.

1) same function
    2) same geo area
    3) same business unit

Remove these restrictions and the game can change dramatically.

If moving up is important, do some research and make some calls, knock on some doors on your own time... Networking is important everywhere you go.

Sent using BrownCafe App