So Where Are The "Knockout Game" Screamers?

wkmac

Maybe the fact the perp is a white guy is why the ear hurting silence is so loud. I'm sure had the perp been black, we'd be hearing all about as the usual suspects here would be squealing like hysterical little school girls. Come to think of it, I think little school girls aren't even that hysterical.

Knockout in Terre Haute

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
To me the whole "knockout game" thing always had the sense of being a slow news week/ shark attack! type story. A couple incidents blown out of proportion in the media followed by some copy cats, and now it's kinda fading away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agreed. Others here felt it was the end of the world as we know it.

I would think that if you were walking down the street, minding your own business, and someone came along, sucker punched you, knocking you out and causing injury when your face hits the sidewalk, you may change your tune. Then again you may go off on some long-winded rant about the evils of society which would have nothing to do with the topic on hand.

Ouch

I don't think it has anything to do with white or black. I think imo that the reason you were hearing so much about the black guy knocking people out was because it was a black guy that knocked someone out. I don't have a racial bone in my body but i think if it is black people that are knocking people out you will hear about it. If it is a white guy knocking people out they should be reporting it the same. Imo hear local i heard just as much about the white guy as i did the black guy. I think reporting on it as a whole has died down here in my area any way. Just imo.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I would think that if you were walking down the street, minding your own business, and someone came along, sucker punched you, knocking you out and causing injury when your face hits the sidewalk, you may change your tune. Then again you may go off on some long-winded rant about the evils of society which would have nothing to do with the topic on hand.
The point is, does it belong on the "news"? Can you think of anything our "news" outlets should be informing people about, rather than a few isolated cases of "thuggery".
http://wikileaks.org/

CJinx

Unprovoked violence is deplorable regardless of the skin colors involved.
Implied racial violence sells newspapers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its not about race but rather thug punks preying on the helpless. Majority of cases were violence by blacks but now that it got media attention some white punks are copycats. Its wrong regardless of skin color.

bbsam

Staff member
Its not about race but rather thug punks preying on the helpless. Majority of cases were violence by blacks but now that it got media attention some white punks are copycats. Its wrong regardless of skin color.
You say "majority of cases" but it seemed to me it was alot of news stories about just a few instances and not close to the racial epidemic that was implied.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This game has been going on for years & now the MSM starts reporting about it .
So why are they interested about it ?
Another diversion to use from reporting about the failures coming from DC ?