So you come in early in the AM and think it's no big deal...

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I'm one of those loaders. I'm rotated through the heaviest routes at my center (and sometimes given a 4th) just so drivers can have a good day. It's like it's Christmas morning and they've just seen Santa Claus when they show up and see me loading, LOL.

Anyway, drivers shouldn't feel too butthurt over coming in early. They probably feel that way because they're paid so well when they are on the clock. Appreciate what you've got. Lots of people would love to be in your shoes.

Hourly workers should never do anything off the clock, period. If you get hurt when off the clock are you expecting UPS to treat/cover that as an injury on duty? Off the clock?! Not only are you working for free you're exposing yourself and family to loss of income if injured.

I wish people would stop spreading misinformation.

First off I dont do it and do not condone coming in early for anything. I come late and leave early.

Second, the VERY MOMENT you set foot on UPS property to report for work you are covered by workers comp. We had some idiot trip on a parking hump on his way through the parking lot first thing in the AM. Dislocated his shoulder. Injury was reported as on the job, was out on WC for a while.

Stop giving false info. Stop believing company bs. Find out for yourself. Thanks so much.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
that's my 1200 today....125 stops....375 pieces. Some of us loaders still take pride in doing a good job so the drivers have a decent day. Helen Keller loads the trucks next to me lol.

I wouldn't expect anything less from you to be honest with ya, and im not kissing your :censored2: either lol. Excellent load and excellent work ethic, you take pride in your work and that's hard to find. You do it because that's who you are even though those idiots that run the pace don't care. You could easily be like everyone else there and not care. You don't because your not built that way. Good job BB.

I wouldn't expect anything less from you to be honest with ya, and im not kissing your :censored2: either lol. Excellent load and excellent work ethic, you take pride in your work and that's hard to find. You do it because that's who you are even though those idiots that run the pace don't care. You could easily be like everyone else there and not care. You don't because your not built that way. Good job BB.
If you seen that nice :censored2:.................you would wanna kiss it....azzman....sorry Jumpman!.lol

Notretiredyet

No need to come in early, truck is never loaded till at least 920 anyways. Gives me time to go thru my air and put them in order in the 1000 section. It's always a bulked out mess so I wait till after I reach a point on trace around 1330 each day where I can park. Then I spend a few minutes arranging the load depending on what the rest of the day, and usually nite will bring. Some days I can run the rest of the day in trace, but normally I'm forced to skip the resi's and do the comm stops first so I set the load accordingly.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wow, so many compliments...where to begin? lol IGP, thanks for admiring my ass....i may start charging you a fee lol, and you're not too shabby yourself :) Thanks jumpman....Yes, I'm good at what I do, and there is a sense of pride in knowing that a driver had a better day because of me....didn't have to spend 15 min looking for a specific package, or trip over bulk piled in the middle of the floor.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Im still in awe to be honest with ya of that load how good it is. I mean really how hard is it to load a truck with some passion and most importantly some stinkin commonsense. I couldn't handle it if my truck didn't look like that everyday. Granted its not really a bulk route thank god. Dudes can keep them bulk routes forget that nonsense. I had enough of it my first few years. Id rather run 150 in the country than deal with back breaking bulk all day. Work smarter not harder as you put them miles on yourself. Anyway just wanted to reinterate your skill level BB. You could be the head loader trainer for sure lol.

Im still in awe to be honest with ya of that load how good it is. I mean really how hard is it to load a truck with some passion and most importantly some stinkin commonsense. I couldn't handle it if my truck didn't look like that everyday. Granted its not really a bulk route thank god. Dudes can keep them bulk routes forget that nonsense. I had enough of it my first few years. Id rather run 150 in the country than deal with back breaking bulk all day. Work smarter not harder as you put them miles on yourself. Anyway just wanted to reinterate your skill level BB. You could be the head loader trainer for sure lol.

Head.loader......lmao...bb58 is gonna kick the schitz out of me for this post!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
the biggest problem is the bulk floor stops. There are 10 separate stops all sheeted to FL1-FL4 and the rear doors. But good loaders learn what stops are before others so you know what packages you can bury behind others. PAL is a pile of crap...but i do what I can. And I fully expect tips at christmas lol.

over9five

Staff member
Wow, so many compliments...where to begin? lol IGP, thanks for admiring my ass....i may start charging you a fee lol, and you're not too shabby yourself :) Thanks jumpman....Yes, I'm good at what I do, and there is a sense of pride in knowing that a driver had a better day because of me....didn't have to spend 15 min looking for a specific package, or trip over bulk piled in the middle of the floor.

I don't usually brag like this, but I taught BB58 everything she knows about loading AND helped her with workouts designed to give her that perfect bum!

I don't usually brag like this, but I taught BB58 everything she knows about loading AND helped her with workouts designed to give her that perfect bum!

I dont think....wax on.wax off.helped her with her bum! the only way you helped her with a tight bum.as. if you was throwing 20s and 50s on the floor.and she had to bend over and ovah to pick them up!.......lmao

XJ1214

my loader absolutely sucks he just throws packages on the shelf given when it's a lighter day he can actually load the truck but when it's heavy it's horrible plus he doesn't load any of my NDA's so I gotta do that myself that's why I get into work at least 15 minutes early.

Box Ox

my loader absolutely sucks he just throws packages on the shelf given when it's a lighter day he can actually load the truck but when it's heavy it's horrible plus he doesn't load any of my NDA's so I gotta do that myself that's why I get into work at least 15 minutes early.

Have you asked him to load your NDA? I only hold it out if the driver hasn't expressed a preference.