So you come in early in the AM and think it's no big deal...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah might be wrong to work off the clock your right but the way I see it is UPS aint going to fix the preload problem, im a fix it myself and their going to pay me for it and I make sure I get that time back during the day. Don't know whats so hard for people to understand that your getting your time back. I don't undstand how people can deal with struggling all day with the load all day that's all im saying. Jobs hard enough as it is without having to struggle with th super poopy load all day. Im not dealing with that nonsense forget that junk.

over9five

Staff member
Yeah might be wrong to work off the clock your right but the way I see it is UPS aint going to fix the preload problem, im a fix it myself and their going to pay me for it and I make sure I get that time back during the day. Don't know whats so hard for people to understand that your getting your time back. I don't undstand how people can deal with struggling all day with the load all day that's all im saying. Jobs hard enough as it is without having to struggle with th super poopy load all day. Im not dealing with that nonsense forget that junk.

Let me ask you just cuz I don't know you: Are you new? I think you mentioned dealing with a stressful day if you don't come in early and set up. A lot of new guys ARE stressed, probably for the first whole year of the job. But after that, you should be all set. If you get that stressed when you don't come in early to set-up, maybe the problem isn't the job just sayin.
I was in package 18 years, I didn't stress, I talked to customers, and I didn't come in early to set-up.
If they don't fix their pre-load problem, don't make it your problem!
​Good luck, be safe out there.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am a preloader. I typically come in about 20 mins early every day. Mainly because I leave my house at the same time every day regardless of start time. When I'm there early I get my trucks/work area set up and help out with other tasks that need to be done.

I couldn't care less about "donating" time to UPS. I don't do anything outside of work anyway.
mixyo,

This is wrong and a violation of DOL regulations.

Big Corporations love to get people to work for free from intimidation and harassment.

I would recommend a more sympathetic viewpoint on yourself and the working man.

See that you get paid for your time.

Sincerely,
I

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Nope been drivin 11 years same irresponsible bs everyday. Nobody can do anything right. Same story idiots will never fix da problems.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
How many times do I have to repeat to people who think someone works for free in am before start time. You get your time back duh. How hard is that for people to comprehend? I don't get it really don't lol. Work for free in am for lil bit to get perfection on your load for a stress free day and then make sure you get your little mini breaks in to compensate for your am time to get that time back. Just don't get peoples non comprehension of that problem solving. Its really simple if only people could open their minds and think outside the box that the copycatter robots who think its cool to be like everyone else they work with that are the norm. Don't be the norn be the outcast who sets the pace and the example for himself. Who cares what everyone else thinks because they cant touch your work ethic, cause your willing to put the time in. You know your going to be stress free all day while all the idiots who are scared to go that extra mile to set themselves up for an easy stress free day. That's how I roll aint scared of the extra effort I have to put in to set myself up for success not failure in anything I do In life. All bout trying to find near perfection in whatever I do. Sets you apart from everyone else.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How many times do I have to repeat to people who think someone works for free in am before start time. You get your time back duh. How hard is that for people to comprehend? I don't get it really don't lol. Work for free in am for lil bit to get perfection on your load for a stress free day and then make sure you get your little mini breaks in to compensate for your am time to get that time back. Just don't get peoples non comprehension of that problem solving. Its really simple if only people could open their minds and think outside the box that the copycatter robots who think its cool to be like everyone else they work with that are the norm. Don't be the norn be the outcast who sets the pace and the example for himself. Who cares what everyone else thinks because they cant touch your work ethic, cause your willing to put the time in. You know your going to be stress free all day while all the idiots who are scared to go that extra mile to set themselves up for an easy stress free day. That's how I roll aint scared of the extra effort I have to put in to set myself up for success not failure in anything I do In life. All bout trying to find near perfection in whatever I do. Sets you apart from everyone else.
Exactly...you gotta what you gotta do to get a handle on the day. Whatever works.....

BrownChoice

I dont care if any of my drivers come in early. Its their day when out on road. I consider myself as working for my drivers. Maybe thats why i get hooked up fat at Christmas and breakfast twice a week all year???

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

I never stressed about my days, and I never worked for free like you are. You can justify it in all of the nutty ways all you want, but at the end of the day, you are a management tool.

Load perfection? Problem solving? Sets the pace? Goes the extra mile? How long ago was it that you left your job as a part-time supervisor?

Are you sure you work at UPS?

Yeah, we know, you already set yourself apart from everyone else. I only wish I was in your center so that I could mint money off of your ignorance. Sigh.

mixyo

Dispatcher
mixyo,

This is wrong and a violation of DOL regulations.

Big Corporations love to get people to work for free from intimidation and harassment.

I would recommend a more sympathetic viewpoint on yourself and the working man.

See that you get paid for your time.

Sincerely,
I
Integrity,

I couldn't care less.

Sincerely,
M

A

anonymous6

it may work for jumpman where he's at but at my hub that action ( mini breaks ) will earn you a pink slip. it has happenrd to 6 feeder drivers in the last 3 years and only 3 got their jobs back.

there was a time when you could haul ass to get to another hub on time and then take time for yourself to make up for it and everyone was happy. those times are gone. the company wants their cake and eat it too. if we want to keep our job, it is best to do things by the book come hell or highwater.

BrownArmy

Why wouldn't he load NDA's? Is there some particular reason? Because they're PAL'd to the 1000 section, first in line. They are the single most important packages to be loaded. Curious.

In my center all the NDA is left in totes behind the truck, under the belt.

It seems like the simplest solution.

What is the difference of volunteering your time by coming in early to set up your truck and being coerced into working off the clock? Both give the company free labor. Maybe that is the plan?

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
I dont care if any of my drivers come in early. Its their day when out on road. I consider myself as working for my drivers. Maybe thats why i get hooked up fat at Christmas and breakfast twice a week all year???

I appreciate the honesty in this statement. Everything you do is for yourself and you don't try to impose your views on others. I think all UPSers are 18 years or older and therefore allowed to make decisions for them selves.

A toast to you!

Buck Fifty

Wow, so many compliments...where to begin? lol IGP, thanks for admiring my ass....i may start charging you a fee lol, and you're not too shabby yourself :) Thanks jumpman....Yes, I'm good at what I do, and there is a sense of pride in knowing that a driver had a better day because of me....didn't have to spend 15 min looking for a specific package, or trip over bulk piled in the middle of the floor.

Thats a nice load, but I wanna see the other 4 trucks before I do any kissing. Do me a favor and shake jumpman off first.:bow: