So, You're Not A Millionaire

Babagounj

Strength through joy
For the last 12 years, a Virginia woman hasn’t set foot in her office and has done zero work, yet she’s been collecting an annual salary that has totaled more than $300,000. Recently, the bookkeeping mistake was discovered and her payments were discontinued, but now she’s filing for wrongful termination and unemployment benefits!
It all started more than a dozen years ago, when Jill McGlone, who had been working as an office assistant for the Norfolk Community Services Board, was suspended for “revealing confidential medical information.” Apparently, authorities forgot to suspend her pay, however, and the checks, which totaled about $26,000 per year, kept going out, according to Washington, D.C., news site TBD.
When the other bureaucrats finally noticed that she wasn’t even warming a chair, the free money was finally cut off — triggering the inevitable screeches of unfairness:
TBD reports that, in a letter to the city manager of Norfolk, she wrote, “The denial of my unemployment benefits, the wrongful termination of my employment, and the refusal to allow me to draw down the money in my retirement are issues needed for discussion.”
Then she claimed that she was discriminated against, although it’s unclear how that is possible when no one even saw her, and most didn’t even know she existed. She also claimed that her civil rights were violated, and you can’t help but wonder where she gets her inalienable rights to sit at home on the couch while the rest of us go to work.