Soberups, r u in my area? Dog rant

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
20160503_182002.jpg
guess who the top dog is ?

Ok, so some of my stops have long gravel or dirt driveways that take about 3 min just to roll all the way in to the farmer's front porch. I usually downshift to 2 before i roll in... dont want to beat up my package car that i take home everyday and i dislike swapping workva.s when it needs service, i make the mechanic work on it over the weekend

Add to that, i have to keep my head on a swivel for dogs n kids just in case...

These dogs are running up in front of my grill, running along side and behind me... ugh, makes the time allowance for that one stop to become 6 minutes!

Most of the farm dogs i've encountered are pretty cool though, but i go trough a pound of biscuits every 2 weeks!

Some are cool and will take 1 to 2 then stroll back to the porch, while others are too hyper to leave me alone and ill be like Johnny appleseed, spreading biscuits into the lawn to get them off the driveway

Not fond of poodle or labradoodle bitches, they be cray-cray and vicious

German sheperds, i stay away from as well

20160423_161636.jpg

This guy didn't want to move out of my way until i hand him his "toll"

The nasty dogs get their parcels stuffed in a mailbox or bagged and tagged beside it, with driver release "other, by mailbox, loose dog danger " to cover my backside.

Ankle biters are just too short, i have to make sure they're clear from my tires. I dont want to be a driver that ran over a dog...

bacha29

If you do run over an uncontrolled dog and the owner gives you a hard time simply tell the person to check the animal control laws in that jurisdiction and then get back to you. That's often as far as the matter goes. If you are threatened by a vicious dog tell the owner to get some liability insurance or get rid of it. If you see a " beware of dog" sign all they are doing is announcing the fact that they have a dog on site with the proven capacity to injure people . Therefore how you choose to " beware" is up to you including not setting foot on the property.

View attachment 82052 guess who the top dog is ?

Ok, so some of my stops have long gravel or dirt driveways that take about 3 min just to roll all the way in to the farmer's front porch. I usually downshift to 2 before i roll in... dont want to beat up my package car that i take home everyday and i dislike swapping workva.s when it needs service, i make the mechanic work on it over the weekend

These dogs are running up in front of my grill, running along side and behind me... ugh, makes the time allowance for that one stop to become 6 minutes!

Most of the farm dogs i've encountered are pretty cool though, but i go trough a pound of biscuits every 2 weeks!

Some are cool and will take 1 to 2 then stroll back to the porch, while others are too hyper to leave me alone and ill be like Johnny appleseed, spreading biscuits into the lawn to get them off the driveway

View attachment 82053

The nasty dogs get their parcels stuffed in a mailbox or bagged and tagged beside it, with driver release "other, by mailbox, loose dog danger " to cover my backside.

Ankle biters are just too short, i have to make sure they're clear from my tires. I dont want to be a driver that ran over a dog...
Nearly every center in the country has to deal with this.

BootsOnTarmac

That had to be the funniest video I've seen in a long time! I wonder how the stop would turn out if a familiar person to the dogs was absent.

OrioN

Ya, i go through a Lb of biscuits about every 2 ~ 3 weeks in my rural route...

This case i had to grab a handful or 2, sprinkle them out to the lawn like friggin Johnny Appleseed so they clear the road, hop in my truck & go! Im not looking forward when it gets dark earlier...

TeamLift

View attachment 82052 guess who the top dog is ?

View attachment 82053

Not afraid of any dog, I have and carry the Dazzler 2, emits a high frequency sound only dogs can hear and they hate it, I showed it to a Sheriffs deputy and he didn't think it would work so I let him try it out on his German Sheppard, the dog emptied his bowels all over the front porch. I have had attack dogs come at me, one squeeze of the trigger and they are gone and will not come out until I leave. only about 29.99. The bigger the dog the better it works

OrioN

at first google search, i came up with this:

dazz.jpg

ok, spell check Dazer...

little bit on the bulky side plus the 9V battery?!? meh

thanks for pointing me in the right direction though... i'm not afraid of dogs, just afraid of running them over or them chasing after my truck as i leave for my next stop

i'm liking the first alert brand, bark genie

more ergonomic. like holding a flashlight

4 AAA batteries. i got a stash of rechargeable NiMh AAAs that i use to power a small portable speaker, so this is a better option

off to fleabay to find it at a better price than a-zon!

TeamLift

at first google search, i came up with this:

dazz.jpg

ok, spell check Dazer...

little bit on the bulky side plus the 9V battery?!? meh

thanks for pointing me in the right direction though... i'm not afraid of dogs, just afraid of running them over or them chasing after my truck as i leave for my next stop

i'm liking the first alert brand, bark genie

more ergonomic. like holding a flashlight

4 AAA batteries. i got a stash of rechargeable NiMh AAAs that i use to power a small portable speaker, so this is a better option

off to fleabay to find it at a better price than a-zon!

Mine doesn't have a 9 volt, battery is round like a watch battery, mine is the original so maybe they have changed

OrioN

mixed bag of reviews on azon, not gonna spend that much $$$ for it

found 2 of the first alert design on fleabay for $13 & $10

then, found a handful of china sellers on fleabay for even less (but they're 9V battery powered).

i may opt to buy direct from the manufacturer in china & the savings to go for rechargeable 9V batteries (already have a battery charger for them)

s-l1600.jpg

looks like a cheap dollartree item...

s-l1600.jpg

ooh, for only a few dollars more, twin outputs and a 2-LED flashlight combo! i may get that...

s-l1600.jpg

too bulky & no owner wants to see a person aiming what looks like a gun at their pets...

Last edited:

OrioN

20160828_084642.jpg

Sweet! Got my new toy n batteries this Saturday... for only under $13 total i can now have this as a backup if my sawdust biscuits doesn't work on em

McFeely

Huge Member
I'd be curious how well it works. I had a Dazer provided to me by our SM, and it worked ok...but just a month or two later the batteries were dead and I haven't replaced them. Good thing is I'm now on a different route without all the free-roaming dogs out in the country.

Nothing but hot moms in yoga pants now. #winning

OrioN

From whut i bee reading from teh intrenetz you'll have to use it in short bursts, or they'll get desensitized from overuse.... like peope that keeps hearing car alarms going off in teh ghet toe, dey b like who gives a :censored2:

As far as batteries, they are rechargeable NiMh. This particular one i got also has a twin LED flashlight, so double duty for this coming peak when sun goes down at 1630...

OrioN

Update: works great for me! Thanks for the suggestion on this gadget.

Only had to zap a few dogs on my route to stop chasing me or my truck as i head out of the driveway. (Only if they don't go for a sawdust biscuit)

Most of the time, it sits in a spare powerpad holster in the cab.

OrioN

dsc_0016-jpg.122505

the good thing they have an electric fence (as you can see the wire on the fence posts) so i go up the dirt driveway, double tap on the horn, the dogs go nuts and barking is heard inside the home, and i'll just DR ~ side gate~ next!

OrioN

apparently, this driver didn't "expect the unexpected"

eventhough there are no "beware of dogs" signs... you're delivering a whole bunch of chewy.com boxes, yo!

i would have left that back gate closed and leave them at the FD P, it's protected from the weather & you can usually find chairs and the welcome mat to camoflage the boxes

i always have my dog treats on my left pocket if i'm in unfamiliar territory

SmithBarney

apparently, this driver didn't "expect the unexpected"

eventhough there are no "beware of dogs" signs... you're delivering a whole bunch of chewy.com boxes, yo!

i would have left that back gate closed and leave them at the FD P, it's protected from the weather & you can usually find chairs and the welcome mat to camoflage the boxes

i always have my dog treats on my left pocket if i'm in unfamiliar territory

Waggin tails those dogs were fine.