Social media guidelines. They're out there, beware?

newfie

Just wondering if anyone has heard of these guidelines? I don't recall being at a PCM and listening to management explain these guidelines. From experience, all I have to say is Big Brother is always watching! Crazy to think that UPS is paying ppl an insane amount of $ to monitor social media.

Btw, I'm not on the clock right now, so I hope I don't get called into the office for posting this

you start off with the believable premise that there are social media guidelines and that you are expected to follow them. Though you would think they would review them with us.
you then jump off the deep end and assume people are being paid insane amounts of money to monitor social media?

your point is what? don't post here? Don't post on facebook?

you start off with the believable premise that there are social media guidelines and that you are expected to follow them. Though you would think they would review them with us.
you then jump off the deep end and assume people are being paid insane amounts of money to monitor social media?

My point was to just be careful what you post on social media... especially when it comes to work! I'm a new member to this site, and hope it is safe to blow off some steam here.

UPSGUY72

My point was to just be careful what you post on social media... especially when it comes to work! I'm a new member to this site, and hope it is safe to blow off some steam here.

We don't need your advise we aren't worried. However you seem to be concerned if your concerned so much that take you own advice your best bet would be to just not post anything then you don't have to worry about any possibility of getting in trouble. Just saying.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have been a member of this site for ten years and have never had any problems. Most management I have mentioned BC to have never even heard of it. I have posted my work location, name, and mentioned that I moderate it during a District Level Meeting. That drew a few surprised looks from a couple of management that do read here. A lot of them tell me they hate things just like us hourlies do. I do not post real names or post derogatory photos of things that I see inside of UPS buildings. You have to use a little bit of sense. I go to work and just do the job I am paid to do, that's all the company cares about.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

UPS is free to create whatever "policies" it wants to. However...any discipline they want to pursue for violation of those policies will be administered in accordance with the contract. So if they really wanted to look like idiots (and pay me $51 an hour on OT to sit in a meeting) they could theoretically issue me a warning letter. For taking a picture of a dog.

Its a risk I'm willing to take.
Its wouldn't be a guaranteed earning letter......you can be walked off property......it's stealing time........but it won't happen unless a complaint is made......and it still probably wouldn't stick

UPSGUY72

Its wouldn't be a guaranteed earning letter......you can be walked off property......it's stealing time........but it won't happen unless a complaint is made......and it still probably wouldn't stick

With your theory taking a little time to talk to a customer about something other then their package or something directly related to UPS would also be "stealing time". Get a grip your paranoid.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

With your theory taking a little time to talk to a customer about something other then their package or something directly related to UPS would also be "stealing time". Get a grip your paranoid.
I guess that part of ups hasnt made it to your area yet....dont worry im sure it will be there soon

PT Car Washer

I guess that part of ups hasnt made it to your area yet....dont worry im sure it will be there soon
In my building Feeder spotters read the newspaper between sorts. Car washers go into the air conditioned break room and watch the news between sorts. How about backing in a package car with two boxes and playing with their phone while waiting for an unloader. All while on the clock. Stealing time is a joke.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In my building Feeder spotters read the newspaper between sorts. Car washers go into the air conditioned break room and watch the news between sorts. How about backing in a package car with two boxes and playing with their phone while waiting for an unloader. All while on the clock. Stealing time is a joke.
About 5 or 6 years ago it was like that in the bldg I work at.......until ups put a stop to it and what are we suppose to say.....we should be allowed to do thst stuff......little by little all those fringe benefits stopped

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

And your right it is a joke until ups has a video of you reading a newspsper for an hour after you took an hour lunch and your getting ready to go to panel......then its not a joke

PT Car Washer

About 5 or 6 years ago it was like that in the bldg I work at.......until ups put a stop to it and what are we suppose to say.....we should be allowed to do thst stuff......little by little all those fringe benefits stopped
Sure wish that would happen in my building. Get rid of some of the deadwood would make my job a lot easier. Not that I work that much now but I do like to stay busy.

UPSGUY72

The part where ups wants you to only get signatures at commercial stops so they limit your customer interaction

Yes they want you to get a sig not DR the package at a business stop. It has nothing to do with time as getting a sig in reality is suppose to take longer than DRing a package. UPS wants you to interact with your customers it builds a relationship and can produce more volume in the future. UPS also wants you to find sales leads in order to do that you have to talk to people....

UPSGUY72

And your right it is a joke until ups has a video of you reading a newspsper for an hour after you took an hour lunch and your getting ready to go to panel......then its not a joke

That's stealing time. Talking to your costumers when you deliver isn't it called doing your job and building a good relationship with your customers...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How is it stealing time? How do they know what day and what time I took the picture? Or even that it was me that took the picture? To be stealing time, they would have to personally observe me taking the photo AND subsequently use up all of my remaining lunch time. Which wont happen, because any time I spend taking pics, feeding dogs etc gets subtracted from my personal time.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Lets STOP FEEDING the TROLL
image.jpg
image.jpg