Socks and Trucks!

10 point

Who was the IBT President.... at the time, that language was negotiated ?

That's always been the company "claim" when refusing to install more handrails.

He wasn't ejected.

More like pinned (and unconscious) in the jumper seat.

-Bug-
The article said he was ejected. Paragraph four. Do you have other info that counters that.

Help us out.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The fourth paragraph of the article linked in Bubblehead's Post above said he was ejected from the vehicle.
I saw that, but how could he when he was still within the vehicle in the photos? That's just not true. It's also not true about the brakes not working with the engine off because of the keyless.

Last edited:

10 point

I saw that, but how could he when he was still within the vehicle in the photos? That's just not true. It's also not true about the brakes not working with the engine off because of the keyless.
The picture where I saw him he was against the base of a tree. May have been after the fact.

10 point

Google this...
This is the actual article.
Said he was ejected.
IMG_20160419_185734.jpg

Watch the video.

10 point

no video link there
It would not copy the URL. It said it was too large. You have to type that in Google and watch the video. The story itself twice said that the helper was ejected. I don't have a dog in the fight... I'm just reporting what I read.

10 point

News reports aren't always the gospel. I know people who were involved in the investigation and have seen the vehicle in person.
True.
The original story said that when people got to the scene the the driver was standing in the back of the truck and evidently did not know that his helper was ejected the truck.
Screenshot_2016-04-19-19-24-41.png

Irishman Collins

I'm not sure.... if you are even cognizant, of how contract negotiations work.

Really ?

You want to "open the book" and start from scratch ?

ODG.

-Bug-
My point is simple, all subjects can be open for negotiations when contracts expire. If the Union or company feels a particular issue needs to be open for negotiations, they make a proposal and discussions open up from there. I would think a "Big Union Guy" would understand the basics of Contract negotiations?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I would think a "Big Union Guy" would understand the basics of Contract negotiations?

Sure do.

Been involved with many negotiations.

Wrote an entire contract Rider, for one group my Local organized.

My point is simple, all subjects can be open for negotiations when contracts expire. If the Union or company feels a particular issue needs to be open for negotiations, they make a proposal and discussions open up from there.

Thanks for clarifying what you meant. I didn't read it that way.

My previous point being, both sides need to be in agreement on whats open for negotiation.

Before.... one side (the company) thinks it's some sort of "free for all".

Seen it happen.

-Bug-