Software change

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Had this issue come up last week. Delivering paychecks to a residence and DIAD prompts me to deliver to front desk. Entered DR Front Door and when attempting to complete the stop DIAD will not let you unless you enter yes for left at front desk. Called my supervisor and was instructed to just answer yes and go on with my day. Typed Front Door in remarks column and completed stop. Someone in a cubicle does not exist in the real world.
I had the same issue with a paycheck stop to a residential. Funny thing is, there is a desk in the garage where I set the package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've gotta customer on my route that lives in an apartment, 1st floor, and has gotten mychoice... diad tells me to DR to her patio. The patio faces the parking lot right outside her sliding glass door. I explained to her that it wasn't a good idea to do that. I told her the package's would probably walk away before I even got back to the PC

You should still use your best judgement when completing the stop. You don't have to leave it where they want it if where they want it is not a good DR. You can override the DIAD note.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The paycheck notes you cannot override. It will keep asking until you press the yes button.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My choice allows anyone to specify delivery location from any shipper. I have a QVC Queen that decided to use it. Now I have to hit yes on each package and she gets 10 a day.
That's not the same. You can pick no on that one.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

browned out

Here; if you sheet a package as damaged; no matter what the reason; you are not working as directed and can be disciplined--- up to and including discharge.

UPS, Please take Damaged out of the the reason screen. I am human and I make mistakes. I understand that mistakes can be made and that these mistakes were not made on purpose.

wayfair

swollen member
Here; if you sheet a package as damaged; no matter what the reason; you are not working as directed and can be disciplined--- up to and including discharge.

UPS, Please take Damaged out of the the reason screen. I am human and I make mistakes. I understand that mistakes can be made and that these mistakes were not made on purpose.
damages are supposed to be sheeted "missed"
now, refused damages, well, are refused

EmraldArcher

Loss prevention came into our PCM awhile back to talk about damaged packages. He specifically told us to sheet any package that is damaged as damaged.

We informed him that option had been removed from the DIAD after a recent PCM by our supervisors where they told us to sheet damaged packages as missed.

The damaged option was back the following day.