Solar Fans

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I just heard about solar powered fans and thought it would be a neat idea for our trucks. The models I found on walmart.com and amazon.com appear to have some design issues and poor reviews. Has anyone tried one of these things?

In some areas on car sups seem to be anal about stuff in the cab area but if properly secured maybe not an issue...

UPSGUY72

I just heard about solar powered fans and thought it would be a neat idea for our trucks. The models I found on walmart.com and amazon.com appear to have some design issues and poor reviews. Has anyone tried one of these things?

In some areas on car sups seem to be anal about stuff in the cab area but if properly secured maybe not an issue...

Forget about the fan.... All that the fan would do is blow around the hot air anyways... Just wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt and drink plenty of water and or gatorade / powerade. Eating fruit will also help. Stay away from drinks with caffeine in them...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Most of the old dinosaur trucks in my center have fans wired into the truck so it got me thinking. I just was wondering if anyone had tried one of these solar thingies but you're probably right. If it did work it would just be blowing hot air around.

barnyard

KTM rider
I really like having a fan in the truck. The combination of a micro fiber tshirt and air moving across it keeps me cooler than I am already. If they work and are reasonably priced, I could see myself getting one.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Always drove with the doors open , even in snow storms . Of course I closed my door when exiting the PC , no need to get the seat wet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Always drove with the doors open , even in snow storms . Of course I closed my door when exiting the PC , no need to get the seat wet.

Really with the older package cars there was no reason to ever close the passenger door. The draft was so bad it mad no difference and the heat didn't hardly work. Now u can get it nice and toasty with some of the new package cars.

S

serenity now

the only times i close the doors are if it's raining sideways, and on a few cold mornings i will close the driver door going to my delivery area