Solar

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by dilligaf, Jun 23, 2012.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

We have started the process of having solar panels put in. 4 - 6 months and the system will be up and running. For those of you who have thought about doing this, it is worth checking into. I HIGHLY recommend Solar City if they are in your area. They are awesome to work with and have the highest standards. The states that they are in now are: AZ, CA, CO, CT, HA, MA, MD, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX and WA-DC. Check out Solar Panels, Solar Power Energy Systems & Energy Efficiency — SolarCity

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

One of the new regulations.......just in CA. (I think) is that every home being built has to be solar-ready whether it's going to be built as a solar home or not. The owner doesn't have a choice. The added expense is theirs automatically. The price of new construction just went up with that regulation..........because the housing market is so damn healthy....NOT!!

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If I were building a new home I would prefer a combination of solar and geothermal.

4. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​That would be ideal but since we don't have the luxury of building a new home, solar is our option and a very cost effective one at that.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You can retrofit an existing home to install geothermal heating/cooling.

6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​That's alright.