Sold 9 shares and BNY Mellon sent me a check missing about $600

satellitedriver

I sold 9 shares for a net amount of $649.92 and this morning i received a check for $63.03!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT HAPPENED?
Maybe,
the transaction was for the sale of 1 share.
-( either your fault in typing, or a glitch)-
The math works.
$10 commission fee for the sale of a $73 stock.
If you sold 10 shares it could have just been a decimal point error.
Along with the check you received you should have received a stub that explained the number of shares sold.
No way could fees and commissions add up to $586, on a $649 sell.
One, or two, phone calls will fix the problem.

Re-Raise

Wasn't there a rule that you had to sell a certain number of shares at a time?

I didn't know you could actually sell a fraction of a share by accident.

I suppose if you were liquidating the entire account the minimum wouldn't be in effect.

Wasn't there a rule that you had to sell a certain number of shares at a time?

I didn't know you could actually sell a fraction of a share by accident.

I suppose if you were liquidating the entire account the minimum wouldn't be in effect.
You can sell it as long as you've had it for two years. Anything under two years old your S O L.

PACNW

You get it in 2 checks. The 1st is for any fractional shares that are sold as Class A. All of the full shares are converted to Class B and sold. You will get that check a couple of days later. One thing to make sure of, when you send in your paperwork you must specify that you want them converted AND sold. If not they wont sell. Anything over 100 shares can be sold electronically and direct deposited, under 100 and you have to get a bunch of paperwork notorized and converted to Class B.

Pentel

Heres what happened...I had about 19 Class A shares. In order to sell these shares you need to convert to Class B and only 9 of these shares i've had for over 2 years so that was all i had available to convert. I filled out a form to have those 9 shares converted to class A. Then on their website they become available to sell and i sold them a few days later.

upsman68

Pentel, was the paperwork easy to fill out? Did you have to notarized the forms Why didn't they direct deposit them in your checking account. I'm planning on do this and wonder how hard it is to fill out the paperwork

klein

Für Meno :)
upsman68 : just hang in there until the UPS stock hits atleast $70 again.

Once a stock reaches a certain high, it's just a matter of time that it rebounds to that level (unless of course the company starts losing money - which you don't need to worry about with UPS).

It would be cheaper to pay interest on a loan for now, then to cash out at these current cheap share prices.

Just my opinion.

upsman68

Actually UPstate I am starting the Dave Ramsey plan and you know what
Baby step number 1 is. So that is why I am selling some stock

Re-Raise

upsman68 : just hang in there until the UPS stock hits atleast $70 again.

Once a stock reaches a certain high, it's just a matter of time that it rebounds to that level (unless of course the company starts losing money - which you don't need to worry about with UPS).

This may be the worst financial advice I have ever heard, but is the way many people trade stocks.

Past performance is no indicator of future results. Many people hold poor performing stocks thinking they will return to their previous value.

On the other hand they will sell a stock that is performing well because they have made a profit.

In reality they should base their opinion of the stock's value on the future prospects for the company, not what the stock price has done in the past.

Take it from a gambler.. just because the last six spins on the roulette wheel have been red does not increase the chances that the next spin will be black.