sold out

teamsterdan

Did UPS “Pants” the Teamsters?

Host of CNBC’s “Mad Money” Says Brown “Pummeled” The Teamsters
Jim Cramer, the host of CNBC’s Mad Money, went off on our new contract at UPS, telling viewers that the company “pantsed” and “pummeled” the Teamsters and that “Jimmy Hoffa must be rolling over in his Giants Stadium grave.”

No wonder UPS management bragged to the Wall Street Journal on July 23 about the big savings the company will get in the new contract
CNBC’s Cramer agrees: “I can’t overemphasize the importance of this contract to UPS. Personally, I love unions. But professionally I love companies that have crushed unions. And UPS, you know what they just did: They pantsed the Teamsters!”

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Cramer is the typhoid Mary of the investment world. Just who I'd take advice from.

I can't wait to hear what the OP will think of this contract in six years.

teamsterdan

not sure if sum of you can read; pretty obvious most don't think for themselves but this article is related to the current "so called" contract...........as far as his comments they are FACTS not advice..................

Catatonic

Nine Lives
not sure if sum of you can read; pretty obvious most don't think for themselves but this article is related to the current "so called" contract...........as far as his comments they are FACTS not advice..................
Nice try ... And sum may believe you! LOL

teamsterdan

President Fred Z and Local 89 are featured in the Wall Street Journal:

Union Rift Poses Test for UPS

Despite Teamsters Deal, Company Is Still in Talks With Local Units as Peak Shipping Season Nears

UPS's labor issues were supposed to be mostly settled in June, when the company's domestic package-delivery employees—a majority of its U.S. workers— approved a new five-year national master contract that included wage increases as well as revised health and pension benefits.

But UPS is still negotiating separately with many local bargaining units across the country—over issues like health-care benefits, wages for part-timers and restricting overtime.

One of the dissatisfied groups is Teamsters Local 89, a critical part of UPS's operation because of both its size and locale. Local 89 represents about 10,000 employees in Louisville, Ky., who work at or close to UPS's Worldport, the giant automated package hub that sorts and processes 1.6 million packages daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny. The company is going to save more money in this contract from the last contract just by removing us from a company health plan. But we are complainers for asking for a little more. It's just sad.

It's funny. The company is going to save more money in this contract from the last contract just by removing us from a company health plan. But we are complainers for asking for a little more. It's just sad.

Just vote no!..we work too hard.take way too much crap.to give back! did you ever notice, anytime we get a raise the stop count goes up??More work, less routes..............BS..

oldngray

nowhere special
Just vote no!..we work too hard.take way too much crap.to give back! did you ever notice, anytime we get a raise the stop count goes up??More work, less routes..............BS..

I had someone from IE tell me a long time ago that the planned day according to the computer is a cost sheet, not a performance sheet. Therefore after every raise the company cost goes up so they try to squeeze more out of employees to recover the costs. If you look at your daily over allow it normally will magically lose a little time after ever raise. So they use that as an excuse to bump up stop counts.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had someone from IE tell me a long time ago that the planned day according to the computer is a cost sheet, not a performance sheet. Therefore after every raise the company cost goes up so they try to squeeze more out of employees to recover the costs. If you look at your daily over allow it normally will magically lose a little time after ever raise. So they use that as an excuse to bump up stop counts.

My stop count goes up weekly. For some reason, if they bury me, they think I work faster. You can only stuff so much in a 10 pd bag, and expect it to come out neatly.

Like ive said.....I make more money.............but my raise never ever out paced my work load!....

My stop count goes up weekly. For some reason, if they bury me, they think I work faster. You can only stuff so much in a 10 pd bag, and expect it to come out neatly.

I used to have a sup (no longer with the company) say im gonna ruin your friday night...........my reply was......im going to make you look bad on paper Monday!.guess which one of us.....still works at Brown???..lol