Some drivers just crack me up....

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
i smell a troll.......what planet do you live on,, if you are pulling big bonus you can mow down a school yard full of children and have no worries,, its all about the sph

Whats happens on a 3-day ride when the driver really needs to use the bathroom and I mean REALLY NEEDS to use it I have gone at least 10 minutes off trace to the nearest bathroom because it was a MUST. If this happens does it disqualify the ride?
When you got to poop you got to poop everyday is different just like your bowels your load and the incompetence of the preload. We the union don't recognize production so it just don't matter anyway.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
i smell a troll.......what planet do you live on,, if you are pulling big bonus you can mow down a school yard full of children and have no worries,, its all about the sph
You've been sounding increasingly bitter, I'm worried about you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My bulkhead lock would not work today, first day back after a five week unpaid vacation..............I delivered out of the back to get my air off, then got some of that grease they use on the door handles, that didnt work, then tried wd40, that didnt work, then I called. I was told,
1. the other drivers have not had this problem
2. Deliver out of the back, Im not making a road call when you have another door.
3. jimmy it somehow

Then my board died.

It was a great day, I bet I was 3 hours late, my lock fingers are swelled, and my sporh was 4 stops below a bad day.

My bulkhead lock would not work today, first day back after a five week unpaid vacation..............I delivered out of the back to get my air off, then got some of that grease they use on the door handles, that didnt work, then tried wd40, that didnt work, then I called. I was told,
2. Deliver out of the back, Im not making a road call when you have another door.
3. jimmy it somehow

Then my board died.

It was a great day, I bet I was 3 hours late, my lock fingers are swelled, and my sporh was 4 stops below a bad day.
why was it unpaid?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was in an accident in March with someone who didnt see me in my bright shiny tall Red pu truck, stopped for someone making a left turn. Because he was on the phone, texting, drugging or drinking, Im not sure. It was a 35 mph zone, he was cited for 50 mph. It actually lifted my frame 4 inches. And it moved me 20 + ft.
I thought I was OK, but I found out I was not. Though Im not complaining, Im not like really hurt like any broken stuff. But I did have alot of soft tissue damage, they call it, I call it hurts like heck to move for a while.
He was also cited for improper lane change as he was almost passing me, (before he didnt see me:knockedout:) and for leaving the scene, coz he needed to go around the block.
And I should not say no pay, as STD pays me for a week what I make in a day, commercial here for AFLAC.
Also our (my) insurance would not pay the bills coz its a MVA and someone else should pay it....and even if they would, doctors want pay up front as do the therapy places.
So thats why I was off, sorry long, I almost went on a rant:happy2: Thanks for asking!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When you got to poop you got to poop everyday is different just like your bowels your load and the incompetence of the preload. We the union don't recognize production so it just don't matter anyway.

I wouldnt exactly blame it on the preload....its the dispatch that is screwing things up and them not being able to run 1 or 2 extra cars in a 60 car center....

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Tooner, glad ur back, sorry all the crap happened. 1st days always suck. Take some ibuprofen for your fingers if you don't have a NSAID. Stay safe, it'll get better. Just finished my 1st month after almost 5 off. Took a couple weeks to start feeling like I had my edge back (after not being sure i could). Hang in there. I bet everyone's real glad to see ya!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
3. jimmy it somehow

Then my board died.

I had a BH door lock break on me once. I went in from the back, opened the BH door from the inside, and jammed a folded-up delivery notice into the latch to disable the lock. I then hooked one end of a bungee cord to the top of the BH door chain, stretched it taut, and hooked the other end around the mounting bracket for the fire extinguisher. The door stayed tightly closed when the vehicle was moving, but I could get it open just by unhooking the bungee. Problem solved!

Raw

Raw Member
Don`t assume you will get a 3 day ride, my last SPORH ride they got the numbers they wanted after 2 days and it stuck!

CustomerConcern

Driver called the local and got a new ripped from the BA. He then called an apologized to me. He also admitted that he had "excessive customer contact" prior to ride-along and that is what makes the numbers so different. When I asked about the breaks and lunch he insists that the day doesn't change if you take lunch during or at the end of the rte. As for the two 15 minute breaks he just wants to get home faster. Told him enjoy your new base numbers.

I get so tired of these guys, and whoever posted that he will get wrote up in a week or so, you nailed it. Then the whining and crying will really start. This year I have had 3 Space-and-Vis rides, an electronic ride, and caught them following me twice. My overallowed avg is 2.7 for the week, when I ask when I get my 3-day lock ride they say its cause I haven't had the rte for a year yet. Truth is my methods are great and they can't get me faster.

Now if one of you mgt. types can explain to me what the point is in using data from a 2 or 3 day ride to lock in, and then write these guys up based on their 5 day avg. which we get thrown out every time, I would really love to hear it.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Driver called the local and got a new ripped from the BA. He then called an apologized to me. He also admitted that he had "excessive customer contact" prior to ride-along and that is what makes the numbers so different. When I asked about the breaks and lunch he insists that the day doesn't change if you take lunch during or at the end of the rte. As for the two 15 minute breaks he just wants to get home faster. Told him enjoy your new base numbers.

I get so tired of these guys, and whoever posted that he will get wrote up in a week or so, you nailed it. Then the whining and crying will really start. This year I have had 3 Space-and-Vis rides, an electronic ride, and caught them following me twice. My overallowed avg is 2.7 for the week, when I ask when I get my 3-day lock ride they say its cause I haven't had the rte for a year yet. Truth is my methods are great and they can't get me faster.

Now if one of you mgt. types can explain to me what the point is in using data from a 2 or 3 day ride to lock in, and then write these guys up based on their 5 day avg. which we get thrown out every time, I would really love to hear it.

So why is it thrown out everytime? Why are they using a 5 day average? Sorry about all the questions just wanted some more information before I answer.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

whats a BA? Is that some stranger that shows up around election time?