Some friendly advice needed

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Lancelot+Link+y+su+compa%C3%B1era+Mata+Hairi.jpg

Is that from Cement UPS family vacation?

PT Car Washer

Perhaps you're not reading what I wrote again but they asked us to contact them if we chose to take a different job so clearly some number needs to be available or some instructions given.

That's not even relevant because I never had any intention of calling them. I always prefer to contact an employer in person and I'm very aware of how busy they must be.

In fact I understand completely their reason for keeping their number private. The point I made was that they are totally unreachable whether that be through phone, email, or in person. I don't think letting a prospective employee (who is already talking to HR over an intercom) know simply whether the position is filled or not is too ridiculous.

Please don't mistake any of this for complaining it's just my observations of the process and a little disappointment. I wanted the job real bad but if it doesn't work out I'll get on somewhere else.

Food for thought - The "friend of mine" </sarcasm> that was hired within 3 days of his first contact with UPS happens to among other things have a serious heroine problem, been to jail at least twice in the last year, and has a knack for "acquiring" things that aren't his and selling them.

Some lucky driver gets to spend their holiday season with him.
I believe you may be overqualified for the position you applied for while your "friend" will be a perfect fit. Maybe even has management potential. Just keep applying until a lucky employer finds you.

Hellboy

Sign into your account at upsjobs.com then go to the bottom and click "contact us." Then click on "I have a question about an interview or tour I am already scheduled for" and it will take you to a page where you can email them. Don't know how much good it will do, but it's the only way I have found to contact them.