Some love for on car sups??

Geo926

Seems everybody on here hates their on cars and/or center manager's, but I happen to like and respect both my on cars. They are both good people who actually care what the drivers think. Would be nice to hear from other drivers who feel the same way instead of the constant bashing.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Seems everybody on here hates their on cars and/or center manager's, but I happen to like and respect both my on cars. They are both good people who actually care what the drivers think. Would be nice to hear from other drivers who feel the same way instead of the constant bashing.
My on-cars aren't bad. I do tend to like the one better than the other though. He means business but he's pretty cool. I get along with my center manager pretty well too.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have a great management team right now. They get moved around so much I know it will get broken up eventually but for now I am enjoying it.

Boulevard859710

My On Car is one of the best bosses I've ever had. He's worked for UPS since 1975. I have nothing but good to say about the man. I drive in Casa Grande, Az.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How long have you been driving? I've been in this game a long time, and I'll tell you, some sups are OK, and some just plain nasty. I have seen some with a mission to get drivers fired.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I get along great with my on car sup and center manager. Any issues or disagreements I may have are directed at their superiors in Atlanta and not them personally. I don't believe in shooting the messenger.

Geo926

Much respect for on Car Supervisors whom were formerly drivers. None for the 30 day Supervisors trying to enforce standards they know little about.

Totally agree there. Think that's why I get along with both of mine they are both former drivers. Makes a world of difference.

soberups

Much respect for on Car Supervisors whom were formerly drivers. None for the 30 day Supervisors trying to enforce standards they know little about.
My On Car was a "thirty day wonder" but he had enough integrity to be honest about that fact and enough humility to be open minded and willing to learn from the drivers he was supervising. What he lacks in actual driving experience he makes up for in other areas such as people skills and data entry, which is a far more relevant attribute for the On Car of today than it was 20 years ago.

soberups

Keep putting your hands to close to the cage...eventually your gonna get bit....trust me pal...
I do my job in a manner that will not ever require my supervisors to initiate any sort of disciplinary action against me. Do I trust them? Yes....but I am also well aware of the fact that if push ever came to shove they would cover their own asses before going out on a limb to cover mine. So I don't put them in that position to begin with.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I do my job in a manner that will not ever require my supervisors to initiate any sort of disciplinary action against me. Do I trust them? Yes....but I am also well aware of the fact that if push ever came to shove they would cover their own asses before going out on a limb to cover mine. So I don't put them in that position to begin with.
The code I go by, Keep it professional,don't make friends,and speak when spoken to...

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
As long as we have mutual respect we should get along just fine. Just don't waste my time with ticky tacky BS and I will politely listen to your latest ridiculous metric that I should attain.

box_beeyotch

I personally like all 3 of our on cars and my center manager. My on car for my belt was formerly my local sort sup a few years back so we kind of moved up the food chain at the same time. A bit of a hard ass but he knows his stuff and would help any of us out in a heartbeat.