Some people are just a lost cause

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have an employee who has been out injured since January or February. Finally got cleared late last week. Asked me for money and everything else when he was out. His house has been in foreclosure once or twice before.

He told me he had to get back to work there was no way he'd make bills next month. Well first week back and he's put in a request off for Friday. Seriously?!?!?!? I told him I'd be askin for every second of OT they would give me. Instead he's still running around tryin to get off early and takin everyday off they throw at him.

I'm to the point I'm just throwing my hands in the air and saying whatever ruin your life but leave me out if it.

AKCoverMan

Pulled in to resi last fall with an RS tag. Guy is home but package not ready. Asks me if UPS is hiring drivers. Start giving him my standard quick rundown (gotta apply online, gotta start part time at suck wage, good gig if go full time but sometimes too much of a good thing etc.) but he stops ms short.

"No, no, no. I don't want them to hire me," he says. "I just need someplace to apply to where I won't get hired so I can keep getting my (government) check."

Arrrrgh! And you and I are paying to keep this idiot alive! When I see the fat chunk taken out of my pay every week I think of this guy. Then I open another beer and try to forget.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There was a guy in my package center who was forever broke. Bumming cigs from those who smoked. Borrowed money for a beer. Couldn't buy a round, drove a POS that broke down all the time, etc. Dude! don't you make the same money as everyone else?

Brownslave688

There was a guy in my package center who was forever broke. Bumming cigs from those who smoked. Borrowed money for a beer. Couldn't buy a round, drove a POS that broke down all the time, etc. Dude! don't you make the same money as everyone else?
Not when you only work 2/3 of the year.

Funny part will be if they make it 30 years and go to retire. Oh I'm sorry you only have 22 years accrued towards retirement. Lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
This guy I'm talking about borrowed 27K from another driver, quit his job and moved out of town. His best bud, too. Served in Viet Nam together. The guy who got stiffed is still looking for him and that was 30 years ago now.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Once a guy makes book and gets to top rate, his requests to borrow money from anyone in that building should be 0 !!!
Like Upstate says every once in awhile, if you want to take a day off so a younger driver can work and not be sent home, that's cool. But borrow money? NO WAY

My friend was like that. Was at top rate but hated the job so would take days off all the time. Would go paint on the side for money, instead of working. Didn't have a pot to piss in. Management finally forced him to work everyday so one spring he took all his vacations in May and 2 weeks before coming back, quit.

Now he's a postman and 40 !! He sees how well I do and regrets not giving the extra effort.

Brownslave688

This guy I'm talking about borrowed 27K from another driver, quit his job and moved out of town. His best bud, too. Served in Viet Nam together. The guy who got stiffed is still looking for him and that was 30 years ago now.
There are less than a handful of people I would loan money to.

scisector9

Wow. Some crazy brown employees out there. I haven't seen any drivers in my building that bad. I've only been driving for a year but I don't get why guys chomp at the bit for unpaid days off. Had a guy get fired for a tier 3 out of work for a month then takes every down day off he can since then. Great guy but it makes me scratch my head. I probably just don't understand how much you full progression drivers make and how much the body deteriorates with time. Just seems silly to leave thousands of dollars on the table like that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Youll find these idiot losers at every center im sure. Some people are just dumbphux lol. That's precisely the reason I got the Aflac right after I built my house so if something did pop up health reasons wise, I could still pay my mortgage and not lose my house. Some people just don't have the preparation skills needed to protect themselves in a situation that may suddenly pop up in life. Do the homework ya know lol.

We have an employee who has been out injured since January or February. Finally got cleared late last week. Asked me for money and everything else when he was out. His house has been in foreclosure once or twice before.

He told me he had to get back to work there was no way he'd make bills next month. Well first week back and he's put in a request off for Friday. Seriously?!?!?!? I told him I'd be askin for every second of OT they would give me. Instead he's still running around tryin to get off early and takin everyday off they throw at him.

I'm to the point I'm just throwing my hands in the air and saying whatever ruin your life but leave me out if it.
It's tough to help people that know everything. After a couple times they can figure it out or not.

Brownslave688

Youll find these idiot losers at every center im sure. Some people are just dumbphux lol. That's precisely the reason I got the Aflac right after I built my house so if something did pop up health reasons wise, I could still pay my mortgage and not lose my house. Some people just don't have the preparation skills needed to protect themselves in a situation that may suddenly pop up in life. Do the homework ya know lol.
This person had Aflac for awhile. Couldn't afford it. Lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yup....we all know drivers like that...use up all their days the first few months they get them. They're the first ones to volunteer to go home....I don't get how the ones who have kids can be so lazy about putting food on the.table...,,Just sayin