Some people are just a lost cause

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you guys are talking about lost causes, you haven't seen anything until you see my brother. All the guy does is sit and his ass at home all day and talk to girls who he has never seen face to face. When there is no food in the house, he whines and complains to our mother for money to buy food. What makes this really sad is that the guy is 21. Last week the punk had the nerve to brag about him being the happiest person in the house because he doesnt have to work and can stay home and leech.
Eventually the teet runs dry.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have an employee who has been out injured since January or February. Finally got cleared late last week. Asked me for money and everything else when he was out. His house has been in foreclosure once or twice before.

He told me he had to get back to work there was no way he'd make bills next month. Well first week back and he's put in a request off for Friday. Seriously?!?!?!? I told him I'd be askin for every second of OT they would give me. Instead he's still running around tryin to get off early and takin everyday off they throw at him.

I'm to the point I'm just throwing my hands in the air and saying whatever ruin your life but leave me out if it.
Update: said employe got the day off but can't go do what he wanted to because he doesn't have the money for gas and a hotel. SMH

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
We have an employee who has been out injured since January or February. Finally got cleared late last week. Asked me for money and everything else when he was out. His house has been in foreclosure once or twice before.

He told me he had to get back to work there was no way he'd make bills next month. Well first week back and he's put in a request off for Friday. Seriously?!?!?!? I told him I'd be askin for every second of OT they would give me. Instead he's still running around tryin to get off early and takin everyday off they throw at him.

You can't fix stupid.

I'm to the point I'm just throwing my hands in the air and saying whatever ruin your life but leave me out if it.

Returntosender

If you guys are talking about lost causes, you haven't seen anything until you see my brother. All the guy does is sit and his ass at home all day and talk to girls who he has never seen face to face. When there is no food in the house, he whines and complains to our mother for money to buy food. What makes this really sad is that the guy is 21. Last week the punk had the nerve to brag about him being the happiest person in the house because he doesnt have to work and can stay home and leech.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We got a guy in our center that's a loader and hes always crying about being broke. I always tell him you know how to solve the problem. Hes got a good amount of senority to, so if he wanted to drive he could in a heartbeat. I always tell him like dude why don't you quit being a wussy and go driving. Hes always like I don't want to drive and I see what you guys go through everyday like screw that dude. I tell him like I hate the job too dude, but I do what I got to do to better my life. Its not about your happiness you do what you have to do to survive and better your life. :censored2: dude just don't get it. Hard to feel sorry for his lazyazz really. That's the kind of stuff that just pisses ya off when people like that want the easy road or don't want to work hard to better themselves. I tell him and I don't act like a dick about it, but you know what dude your going to continue to stay broke until you get some balls and drive.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've always had a pretty good slush fund tucked away so when one of my best UPS driver friends (or so I thought) asked to borrow $3,000 for six months while he was in the process of being divorced I didn't hesitate. He said he would pay me back $3,300 so why not. He was a full time driver so I figured it would be a good loan. Wrong. It took me 3 years of constant harassing him to get it back. I never did get the 300 bucks in interest but consider myself lucky to get the rest. He stiffed another friend for 5 grand and that guy is still trying to get his money back. He had even let the mooch live with him rent free for over a year. Some people are just plain skum.

BrownChoice

I loaned from my Dad when i was 19 and working for him at the time. The agreement was the amount would be taken from my check in increments, which in turn made me want to work more to stay on top of the money.

I haven't asked him for any loans since or anyone else for that matter, haven't needed to. Every friend family or even foe knows without an inkling of a doubt im one of the select few that always keeps their word, no matter what. Whether it relates to money or not.

Theres a spectrum where loaning money can do some good with the right intentions.

Something i take great pride in, and is part of being a real man, i think.

Last edited:

BrownChoice

Some people lack ambition, and that is going to be the death of society in America. Every person that is the way the government is shaping the younger generations to be, will continue to leach off the long ago dry teats of our government, that is the new "American Dream". To not have to work, cuz big brother pays me to sit on my :censored2: drinking beer, chain smokin cigs and getting high of everyone elses tax dollars.

ME, ME, and ME.. Its sad

P

pickup

We have a few guys in and around the Feeder department who try to get others involved in their Multi Level Marketing Schemes. One guy was incredibly interested in my phone plan , then once he had the info, he tried to use that info to convince me to buy a phone/plan from a company that he had a plan with. Of course, had i done that, I would have become part of his downline .

Which sort of dovetails into the stuff that many porters are involved in. Here we have a group of guys who , for whatever reason, gave up driving package car or package car gave them up. I think , a buck less an hour and very rarely , if at all , any hours past the eight for the day(which I think is paid at straight time even though it would be past the eight hours ). So basically we have guys who are dealing with much less in terms of a paycheck, but with proximity to those who make quite a bit more. More multi level marketing, counterfeit dvd selling, energy drinks , you name it.

Let me just say that I know many of these Porters had good, compelling reasons(injuries, stress, harassment) to make the switch from Package to Porter, but their bills/number of children and wives(current and ex) remain the same . Hence these schemes.

P

pickup

We have a few guys in and around the Feeder department who try to get others involved in their Multi Level Marketing Schemes. One guy was incredibly interested in my phone plan , then once he had the info, he tried to use that info to convince me to buy a phone/plan from a company that he had a plan with. Of course, had i done that, I would have become part of his downline .

Which sort of dovetails into the stuff that many porters are involved in. Here we have a group of guys who , for whatever reason, gave up driving package car or package car gave them up. I think , a buck less an hour and very rarely , if at all , any hours past the eight for the day(which I think is paid at straight time even though it would be past the eight hours ). So basically we have guys who are dealing with much less in terms of a paycheck, but with proximity to those who make quite a bit more. More multi level marketing, counterfeit dvd selling, energy drinks , you name it.

Let me just say that I know many of these Porters had good, compelling reasons(injuries, stress, harassment) to make the switch from Package to Porter, but their bills/number of children and wives(current and ex) remain the same . Hence these schemes.