Someone Clarify Thanksgiving Holiday Changes??

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
To simplify this for those who are confused: Think Veteran's Day. We're open for business day after Thanksgiving. They can work us any holiday they want and there is no change in the contract. We just make more money for the day. They may cut a lot of routes but you'll be scheduled to be at work unless you book off, accept a dead day if offered or they give you proper notice and lay you off for the day.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The only way I would quit would be if I had a close friend that really needed the job
And I got to pick them to take my spot.

Don't you think your part time, hungry-bellied, so called union brothers need it? Instead of giving it to a scrub who has never worked at UPS a day in their life? I realized that underneath the surface of this union, we are no teamsters, we are a bunch of me-sters, including me ofcourse.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not until 2018 at the earliest, it is in the contract. Will the payroll system even allow an option day entered for that time?
By Option day....do you mean a personal day? We call them OPH's here. If you mean a personal day...Yea you can be paid for a personal day during peak. A few peaks ago...I needed a day off the week after thanksgiving and was paid for a personal day.