Someone Clarify Thanksgiving Holiday Changes??

Ouch

I'm in no way trying to be negative Nancy, but if it's not listed as a holiday, doesn't that mean straight time for all hours worked? I haven't looked at the new contract, so I ddon't know how it's written. Just curious, not trying to stir the pot. I hope they do pay yall the time and a half plus the straight time.

I'm in no way trying to be negative Nancy, but if it's not listed as a holiday, doesn't that mean straight time for all hours worked? I haven't looked at the new contract, so I ddon't know how it's written. Just curious, not trying to stir the pot. I hope they do pay yall the time and a half plus the straight time.
Depends on your local supplement.

upschuck

bleedinbrown58 said:
By Option day....do you mean a personal day? We call them OPH's here. If you mean a personal day...Yea you can be paid for a personal day during peak. A few peaks ago...I needed a day off the week after thanksgiving and was paid for a personal day.
Option days are requested 8 days in advanced and cannot be used between thanksgivng and christmas. We get two that generally run may to may.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Option days are requested 8 days in advanced and cannot be used between thanksgivng and christmas. We get two that generally run may to may.
Yes...same here except its 14 days in advance and not allowed between thanksgiving and christmas. But different rules for different people....you know how it is at this place. But to answer your question....it IS possible for an option day to be put into payroll during peak ;)

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
This is the first time in about 8 or 9 years that I didn't bid the week of Thanksgiving as one of my vacations. I bid the week before instead. My thinking was I would have a week off, work 3 days, then have 4 more days off to rest up before peak. Then UPS pulls this :censored2:!!
Guess who's bidding Thanksgiving week for the rest of his career?

PT Car Washer

The Friday after Thanksgiving is listed as a UPS Holiday in the contract.