Someone tell me the truth

double R

ok so if you bid on a position..and get that position...can you be made to leave that position?...heres the story...in out hub we have 4 centers...each center had 2 clerks..except for the 1....where there was 1 clerk..that 1 clerk filed a grievance to get an extra clerk like the other centers...this is where i come in..i signed the bidsheet 4this position 7to8mths ago....so ive been clerking as a clerk not as help as an actual clerk 4this long...well here recently ive been getting in heated arguments w my center manager.....now he hasnt told me this directly but apparently he wants 2send me back 2 the hub 2 what i was doing before i came 2b a clerk....my question is is this possible? can u indeed be made to leave a position that u bidded on? ive been told by many sofar at work that ucant...i was also told to go to the union w this...which i am 1st thing in the morning...does any1 have any idea if any of what hes tryin 2do is possible?
your mgr might try to dissolve the position if its no londer needed.. remember...$$$ talks; and BS rolls down hill

brownboss

Brownblood
heres the part of your post where it does appear you claim an extra clerk position was created via grievance. Love to see the article language if you can get your hands on it.

my apologies tieguy....your right i did infact made that appear that way

gandydancer

Brownboss, at our center there is NO bid list for PT. Just a seniority list. Our clerks, loaders, unloaders and International PT`s do not bid for their positions. That is how it is done at our center.
Sounds like your center isn't abiding by the contract, then. Specifically, ...

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES

Section 4.

Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established...

Now, in my center clerks are in a different Local. But Brownboss, despite his very annoying unreadability (wtf...is he on the web using his phone?), seems to have a right to the pt clerk work, if it exists.

brownboss

Brownblood
Sounds like your center isn't abiding by the contract, then. Specifically, ...

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES

Section 4.

Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established...

Now, in my center clerks are in a different Local. But Brownboss, despite his very annoying unreadability (wtf...is he on the web using his phone?), seems to have a right to the pt clerk work, if it exists.

Now come on "gandydancer" play nice...i didnt say say anything about you....annoying or not if you cant read...whatever the language...then just shut the friend up and go to another post...try and leave your lil 2cents out of it...it might be in your best interest for future reference to um...well how do i say this...."keep your opinions about me and other people to yourself"...so if its not ups related then id just shutup completely......hows that for readability?....

raceanoncr

Now come on "gandydancer" play nice...i didnt say say anything about you....annoying or not if you cant read...whatever the language...then just shut the friend up and go to another post...try and leave your lil 2cents out of it...it might be in your best interest for future reference to um...well how do i say this...."keep your opinions about me and other people to yourself"...so if its not ups related then id just shutup completely......hows that for readability?....

Geez, it appears Gandy was giving credibility to your argument, then you slam him!!!!! You tell him to go pound sand! How's that for gratitude?