Something new...

wayfair

swollen member
I was delivering to a wal mart super center and had a delivery to the McDonalds up front... the GPS alarm went off. I got the signature, stop/completed and that screen came up.
another selection was "at delivery location"

Overpaid Union Thug

I encountered this yesterday many times because of the snow/ice/slush we are dealing with here. I was having to park at the end of long driveways that we normally drive down and then walk to the houses. Out of habit I'd scan the packages while walking to the houses but was too far away sometimes.

Grey

Had multiple customers meet me on route today.

I'm not really sure what the point of it all is though.

On MLK day, if a buisness was closed all day drivers were pre-recording them leaving info notices between 12-1 and stop-completing them as closed after 1.

JL 0513

On MLK day, if a buisness was closed all day drivers were pre-recording them leaving info notices between 12-1 and stop-completing them as closed after 1.

Is this the "proper" way to do it, at least on holidays when you KNOW they are closed the rest of the day? Honestly, I would just scan and complete elsewhere on Holidays. Obviously, they can't expect us to go back to all the known closures.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is this the "proper" way to do it, at least on holidays when you KNOW they are closed the rest of the day? Honestly, I would just scan and complete elsewhere on Holidays. Obviously, they can't expect us to go back to all the known closures.
Exactly I just sheet it wherever I am after 1.

35years

Gravy route
No, this is NOT the proper way to do it. The new training in the DIAD states that the ONLY exception to sheeting away from the customer's add is "met on route" and that sheeting away from the customer's add can be considered dishonesty.

Years ago a member here on BC sheeted a known closed as CLO1 or CLOH (hair salon closed every Monday). The owner was at the shop that day so he could get the box, and he called in the complaint for no attempt. The driver did not leave a note. He was terminated. Not sure if he got his job back.

CYA.

Last edited: