Something new...

35years

Gravy route
I believe sheeting a closed business after after 1PM (away from the customer location) was specifically mentioned in the DIAD training as not acceptable.

CYA. Don't be made the example.

35years

Gravy route
But with the software upgrade you will set off a flag if you sheet a CLO1 or CLOH away from the customer's location. If the owner hangs around the business because he needs the box and you did not stop at the add (GPS), you may be accused of dishonesty.

By The Book

But with the software upgrade you will set off a flag if you sheet a CLO1 or CLOH away from the customer's location. If the owner hangs around the business because he needs the box and you did not stop at the add (GPS), you may be accused of dishonesty.
I'm not disagreeing with you.... I'm by the book.

By The Book

Whether the DIAD asks or we're "supposed" to do it or not, I do it. CYA.

Not to mention it adds another minute or two on to each stop. $$$
I learn something new every day it seems. This sounds like your way of adding time to your day. Do yourself a favor, if your boss asks you not to do this for whatever reason..please do as he asks.

FilingBluesFL

I learn something new every day it seems. This sounds like your way of adding time to your day. Do yourself a favor, if your boss asks you not to do this for whatever reason..please do as he asks.

I work as instructed to the best of my ability each and every day.

Taking a few moments to leave an info notice isn't going to end the world. I'm already walking up to the door to yank on it and see if it's locked or not.

UPS could care less if I use more info notices.

God only knows how many trees UPS has killed every time they come out with a "new" and "innovative" info notice and we have to take all the old ones at the PCM and throw them all in the trash in front of the Center Manager and Sup's.

By The Book

I work as instructed to the best of my ability each and every day.

Taking a few moments to leave an info notice isn't going to end the world. I'm already walking up to the door to yank on it and see if it's locked or not.

UPS could care less if I use more info notices.

God only knows how many trees UPS has killed every time they come out with a "new" and "innovative" info notice and we have to take all the old ones at the PCM and throw them all in the trash in front of the Center Manager and Sup's.
Wow!

35years

Gravy route
I don't do as the boss asks either if it could cost me my job.
The new training makes it crystal clear, sheet at the customer's add unless they meet you. No exceptions. Doing otherwise will be considered dishonesty.
We went through this a few years ago with terminations handed out for known closed NDA (late openers) being sheeted away from the GPS location. Sheeting any stop away from the GPS location (unless they meet you) is now expressly forbidden by corporate.
CYA.

All things old are new again.
Look at this old thread...
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/recently-terminated-need-help.279011/page-4

By The Book

I don't do as the boss asks either if it could cost me my job.
The new training makes it crystal clear, sheet at the customer's add unless they meet you. No exceptions. Doing otherwise will be considered dishonesty.
We went through this a few years ago with terminations handed out for known closed NDA (late openers) being sheeted away from the GPS location. Sheeting any stop away from the GPS location (unless they meet you) is now expressly forbidden by corporate.
CYA.

All things old are new again.
Look at this old thread...
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/recently-terminated-need-help.279011/page-4
It's mind blowing how many drivers think the rules don't apply to them., or that they can disregard the training they just took.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's mind blowing how many drivers think the rules don't apply to them., or that they can disregard the training they just took.
Maybe it's because management tells them it's ok to do things that directly contradict the training.... until they change their minds and throw them under the bus.

Ms.PacMan

I encountered this yesterday many times because of the snow/ice/slush we are dealing with here. I was having to park at the end of long driveways that we normally drive down and then walk to the houses. Out of habit I'd scan the packages while walking to the houses but was too far away sometimes.
Me too. Too far, too icy, too steep to walk though. I chose other (but was technically at the location) and left the pkg next to the mailbox.

How far away is enough to trigger the GPS?