Something that really annoys me on Brown Cafe...

Overpaid Union Thug

Well, at least this forum hasn't hit the low level of vile scum behavior that I remember seeing on the "Vote No UPS" Facebook page. That was some horrendous stuff over there at times. At least most of the people here that hijack the threads are just trying to be funny or are desperately seeking attention.

As a long time member with many many names I apologize to you @soberups for anything I probably did or do to annoy you. You are one of my all time favorites on this forum. Your writing skill are almost unmatched here. I lurked from 2006 until I joined in 09 and you were one of the reasons I signed up. I also followed you from a post you had on another site DenverBrown. I appreciate you.

I've read plenty of his work. You just signed up end of February. So tell me, sir, how the hell do you know him? Cause your someone posing as another under a fake identity? Probably named Dave. C'mon man.
If you only knew how many have had different names and their reasons. This place is one big support group for people at different stages of their careers and lives. People change or get found out or just want to change their name. I don't get why it's such a big deal to change a name. You get a perspective of how people really treat others that they don't know this way.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think he got the reaction he was seeking...
I think you are well aware of the fact that this was not the reaction I was seeking.
I am disappointed that the thread devolved into this, but I guess the fault is mine for placing the unrealistic expectations of a constructive and respectful conversation upon people who are incapable of it.
If it is the collective will of Cheryl and the moderators and the majority of the members that this is what they want Brown Cafe to be, then I guess I will just have to accept what I cannot change with as much grace as possible.
If anyone was hoping to see me get mad and upset, sorry to disappoint you.

soberups

You're 100% correct he chose to mix it up with us what do you expect?
All due respect I'm being serious, really?
I never chose to mix it up with anyone.
I never criticized anyone.
I never called anyone out by name.
I merely expressed my dislike and my concern over how the threads in Discussion Forums were being derailed.
I was hoping for a civil discussion and the fault was mine for expecting one here.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I think you are well aware of the fact that this was not the reaction I was seeking.
I am disappointed that the thread devolved into this, but I guess the fault is mine for placing the unrealistic expectations of a constructive and respectful conversation upon people who are incapable of it.
If it is the collective will of Cheryl and the moderators and the majority of the members that this is what they want Brown Cafe to be, then I guess I will just have to accept what I cannot change with as much grace as possible.
Well, if anything could be taken as a positive, it's that people DO forge actual relationships on here. The Fluff were just sticking up for their own, albeit in the only way they know how. Sorry to derail your thread, your more than welcome to hang with us whenever.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I definitely not anybody hoping too see anyone mad and upset, I'm a realist, if you're gonna poke the bear what did you expect? Everyone to join hands and sing kumbaya?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Wait just a minute here, sonny. Where do you get off telling us we are incapable of constructive and respectful conversation? I take offense to that statement.

You started this thread complaining that the posters on BC don't adhere to your standards. You complained that people tend to talk to one another and you don't like that. You whined about necroposting, but most of that is done by new members that don't bother to read the stickied threads on the first page.

You've been here eight years. In that time you have surely seen members come and go. Things change. Deal with it.

When you start your own internet forum, maybe then you can have a little more control over the content. Possibly all pictures of dogs and goats and snow boobies.

@soberups, just relax and don't let the interwebz upset your life.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I never chose to mix it up with anyone.
I never criticized anyone.
I never called anyone out by name.
I merely expressed my dislike and my concern over how the threads in Discussion Forums were being derailed.
I was hoping for a civil discussion and the fault was mine for expecting one here.
I agreed 100% with your original post. it is a valid point. I am sure many people agree but are afraid to stick up with you but are afraid of being rediculed.

the only mistake you made Sober was hoping for an intelligent discussion.

soberups

Possibly all pictures of dogs and goats and snow boobies.
The difference being that I post the pictures of dogs and goats and snow boobies in the "how's the view" thread which was created for that very purpose. Or I create a thread of my own. I dont just spray random pictures all over discussion threads that are about something completely different.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
From what I've read from the last four pages, soberups may be right.

Precisely.
I came to this forum because I work at UPS. I wanted to learn how others dealt with the work we are required to do. I wanted to learn from others experiences. It is tiresome to read through veritable pages of crap that others consider witty banter to glean information out of threads.
The amount of disrespect shown in the last 6 pages of this thread just proves the case the OP was trying to make.
Deplorable