Something To Remember As We Enter Peak

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm starting to see some wavering in realistic attitudes as Peak approaches. No help, no extra effort, and nothing but WAD for this craphole. We need to stick together and watch this Peak be even more of an abortion than last years. I personally think we'll be there anyway, but don't ever bail them out, do your own route, do not help others (because it will kill your SPH), and do the absolute minimum. Ask yourself this. What will my reward be for providing extra effort? Nothing, except a few more hours on your check. If we were paid fairly, I'd say, "Yes, FedEx deserves a maximum effort". Does a UPS driver deserve to bust their ass for Brown. IMO, yes, because they are paid fairly for what they do. You aren't, and never forget it.

Fred, Dave, MT3, and the rest of them are going to cash-in big time as the stock continues to rise, the pilots are doing just fine, thank you, and WE ARE PAYING FOR IT ALL with our substandard wages and terrible benefits. What do you owe them? Nothing, but showing-up and WAD. Be smart.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yep!

Take that Smith you greedy bastard!

And oh by the way, Merry ****ing Christmas,

Last edited:

dezguy

Last year, I did extra work with promises from my manager that it wouldn't increase my stop count numbers. Come January, my stop count numbers increase and when I ask why, I'm told it's because did those numbers in December. It's taken me almost a year but my stop count numbers are where they were and I plan on lowering them even more. This peak, I'm doing my normal amount. I was a nice guy last year and it screwed me. Not happening again.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Last year, I did extra work with promises from my manager that it wouldn't increase my stop count numbers. Come January, my stop count numbers increase and when I ask why, I'm told it's because did those numbers in December. It's taken me almost a year but my stop count numbers are where they were and I plan on lowering them even more. This peak, I'm doing my normal amount. I was a nice guy last year and it screwed me. Not happening again.

You obviously understand, but others do not. Please spread your wisdom among your co-workers.

bbsam

Staff member
That continues to be the attitude in our building as management attempts to bring in temps. The ISP's simply shrug and say, "Enjoy, biotches."

Myort

A few weeks of increased volume and the goals spike, then it takes many months of not making those goals for them to be returned to realistic levels. Sounds pretty typical.

HomeDelivery

That continues to be the attitude in our building as management attempts to bring in temps. The ISP's simply shrug and say, "Enjoy, biotches."

whoo hoo! bring it on! hourly temps will enjoy the OT pay once Black Fri rolls around...

i'm seeing more ICs doing what you're doing once they calculated how much they'll pay for temp/supplemental drivers & the settlement doesn't match up to that added expense

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
whoo hoo! bring it on! hourly temps will enjoy the OT pay once Black Fri rolls around...

i'm seeing more ICs doing what you're doing once they calculated how much they'll pay for temp/supplemental drivers & the settlement doesn't match up to that added expense

My guess is that the "Mystery Memo" concerns this very issue. It would be exactly like Smith and Co. to try and foist-off all of the costs onto the ISP/contractor.

bbsam

Staff member
My guess is that the "Mystery Memo" concerns this very issue. It would be exactly like Smith and Co. to try and foist-off all of the costs onto the ISP/contractor.
Has it ever been fully confirmed whether or not Express couriers have the ability to scan Ground packages?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Has it ever been fully confirmed whether or not Express couriers have the ability to scan Ground packages?

Not to my knowledge, because I won't even bother trying. I would expect that the PowerPad allows us to do a Possession Scan, which would simply indicate that the Express courier had taken control over the package until dumping it onto the Ground pallet in the Express station. Thinking ahead, are they going to start having Express employees steal your revenue on pickups as I had speculated in an earlier post?

You need to rat the bastards out. All it would take is a new download into the PowerPad, and the Express courier could be stealing your pickup revenue immediately. Think of Mr. Smith not just as a weasel, but one made of Teflon, covered in Vaseline, and twice as cunning as average. Oh, and he has a weasel army of lawyers to protect him too.

bbsam

Staff member
Not to my knowledge, because I won't even bother trying. I would expect that the PowerPad allows us to do a Possession Scan, which would simply indicate that the Express courier had taken control over the package until dumping it onto the Ground pallet in the Express station. Thinking ahead, are they going to start having Express employees steal your revenue on pickups as I had speculated in an earlier post?

You need to rat the bastards out. All it would take is a new download into the PowerPad, and the Express courier could be stealing your pickup revenue immediately. Think of Mr. Smith not just as a weasel, but one made of Teflon, covered in Vaseline, and twice as cunning as average. Oh, and he has a weasel army of lawyers to protect him too.

No.

overflowed

We can but only through the drop box pickup. As far as I know. The CSA's use our powerpads in the front office can scan ground under their STA code.so yes it can.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

"No". WTF is that supposed to mean? "No, Express isn't going to steal your pickups?", or "No, Fred is not a slimy, conniving, greedy, smelly, feces-eating, wife-swapping, rum-running, drug-pushing, pimp, horse-sex enthusiast weasel?"

DontThrowPackages

Im seeing ground boxes with the same label as express. Only difference is the Huge "G". Even the same number of digits in the tracking number. With the power pad being updated to except longer numbers in the employee ID field, its just another clue of whats to come. Don't expect a word of explanation until all the xmas gifts are off you truck and the Ball has dropped in time square. Only then will you get the news that will rock you on your butt.

overflowed

Im seeing ground boxes with the same label as express. Only difference is the Huge "G". Even the same number of digits in the tracking number. With the power pad being updated to except longer numbers in the employee ID field, its just another clue of whats to come. Don't expect a word of explanation until all the xmas gifts are off you truck and the Ball has dropped in time square. Only then will you get the news that will rock you on your butt.
You have a bad attitude. "Here sign this." All kidding aside, there have been many strange coincidences the last few years. The stranger to me is all the syncing of equipment like you are saying. However, you don't know the reason it's being done, it may be the opposite of what you're thinking. Maybe they're tired of settling lawsuits and just want to end the headache. Or? It may be what you are thinking. They could of left all the new trucks with magnetic decals instead of paint.