Something we already knew.

b33nman

I've had two raises in five years. Seen two buy outs and a lay off, yet we're yielding record profits, did record volumes, and are having extremely high stock prices. As I've thought since I had to do a few case study's on this horrendous company, they care only about the stockholder, not the ​shareholder.

IsItME

The world is run by corporate pigs. You are supposed to be ever so grateful for all they do for you as bbsam would suggest. I hate to say this but its our fault. We are the suckers doing the bidding for corporations that rig the systems, have all the leverage and use it against us. The truth is a real leader could emerge over time and stop FedEx from doing business. If all employees just refused to move packages indefinitely, the company would shut down. I know its a big idea, but its possible. Imagine if one area alone refused this. You don't need a union for that and that 68 year old goon couldn't do a damn thing but watch his garbage company's employees express their love.

bbsam

Staff member
You don't have to be grateful. You can continue to be bitter and hateful and keep focus on what you don't have. If you do, though, that's your fault too.

IsItME

I'm not bitter or hateful. I know what I signed up for and yes I make a lot more than a courier and work way less. I'm satisfied overall. Corporations are evil and we owe them nothing because of a $h!++y paycheck. You're just misguided if you think people should be thankful.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm grateful because I came from the ranks of the unemployed and then a brief stint as a cab driver. I guess we just have different perspectives.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The problem is far bigger and broader than just FedEx. Society is so greedy and wants nothing more than as much as possible for as little as possible. They don't stop for a second and ask how millions of employees with no healthcare will get medical care or how employes who as BbScam will point out are apparently only working a job that is only meant to be a supplemental income afford food or rent. We complain about welfare programs but see nothing wrong with taking more away from employees wile corporations continue to increase already record profits. Unfortunately even FedEx is getting FedExed, by tons of regional shippers. Funny but sad.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not bitter or hateful. I know what I signed up for and yes I make a lot more than a courier and work way less. I'm satisfied overall. Corporations are evil and we owe them nothing because of a $h!++y paycheck. You're just misguided if you think people should be thankful.

I am curious though. You despise the corporate pigs that pay you well, you are not a courier, so what do you do?

bbsam

Staff member
The problem is far bigger and broader than just FedEx. Society is so greedy and wants nothing more than as much as possible for as little as possible. They don't stop for a second and ask how millions of employees with no healthcare will get medical care or how employes who as BbScam will point out are apparently only working a job that is only meant to be a supplemental income afford food or rent. We complain about welfare programs but see nothing wrong with taking more away from employees wile corporations continue to increase already record profits. Unfortunately even FedEx is getting FedExed, by tons of regional shippers. Funny but sad.

ah. 287. I thought you had forgotten me. You say the problem is so much bigger, but you expect me to solve it. Still as confused as ever I see.

IsItME

I guess. I've seen this company dispose of the most arduous supporters like trash because they can. You earned your way, they did you no favors and will send you home unable to support your family with no conscious. Loyalty is misguided. There is none, except to those who report to you.

bbsam

Staff member
I guess. I've seen this company dispose of the most arduous supporters like trash because they can. You earned your way, they did you no favors and will send you home unable to support your family with no conscious. Loyalty is misguided. There is none, except to those who report to you.

wrong again. I have no illusions of loyalty I save a good deal of money every year with an eye toward the exit no matter how it appears, whther the company folds or my contract is not renewed. I am not"pro Fedex". I am "pro bbsam inc".

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!

ah. 287. I thought you had forgotten me. You say the problem is so much bigger, but you expect me to solve it. Still as confused as ever I see.
Not expecting you to fix anything. Just some honesty. However in life you do lead by example. Maybe my bitterness is showing through now since I just watched the Niners win. I was really pulling for the Falcons.

IsItME

I work in a job that makes nearly 100k. Don't want to say too much in regard to my job. What I do is keep it real. I have a supervisory role. Many people don't understand how things work and what's going on. I'm morally against what I do for a living working for a company like this ans I intend on walking away and starting my own business within a year. This is nothing to be proud of. It's all a game we all lose.

bbsam

Staff member
Now that, isitme, is something that intrigues me. I will be interested to see if it happens. MFE has had his exit plan in the works for several years no. Just sayin'...