Something we already knew.

CJinx

New York is now limiting clips to 7 bullets, or are trying to pass a law to that effect. Think the crooks won't go to another state to get the 30 round clips? And they are semi-automatics.
Or carry additional mags. My carry weapon holds 13+1 and an additional 13 in my second mag. I also have a 19 round mag but it sticks out of the magwell. :(

MAKAVELI

Adam Lanza's mom wasn't a crook. Nor was James Holmes until he decided to do what he did. All of them were law-abiding citizens without criminal records. The crooks will always get their equipment, but what about the wannabes? Why do you Righties love your guns so much anyway? If you had a bazooka, would you be more "free"?[/QUOTE]

We just do....especially here. I live too far from town to not have a firearm in my possession. When there was a fire near me, it took the fire department 20 minutes to respond, when we had to call the sheriff to come out over a domestic dispute near us, that took 18 minutes. My guns can prove the difference between life and death here, plus I have coyotes and bobcats that like to hunt my pets, which in turn creates a bad situation for my family when the animals aren't afraid to come near the house. Granted I don't need a 30 round magazine, but it's nice to have to reload every time I use it for a few rounds fired.

I don't think we should take away the right to own a gun, but obviously there are some the that should never have a gun i.e. James Holmes , George Zimmerman, Jared Loughner to name a few. You will never be able to stop every criminal from acquiring a weapon but it is to damb easy to acquire a gun legally. Maybe a psychological evaluation should be required for any gun purchase. Requiring background checks for gun show purchases and private party sales also makes sense. We could also impose a penalty to gun owners allowing their guns to be used by another person in crime knowingly or by negligence.

SmithBarney

Nobody is trying to take your guns away. They are trying to stop psychos from obtaining 30 round clips that can off a room of schoolchildren in a minute or two. Obama has never messed with the 2nd Amendment, nor will he because he knows it's a "nowhere" issue he cannot win. Nobody envisioned 30 round automatics back in 1776.

Except for the fact, that the kid in Connecticut, HAD 4 HAND GUNS, and not an assault rifle as previously reported.
And the Media, and the Govt kept that fact out of our minds while they let the country go ANTI-AR crazy.

bbsam

Staff member
Except for the fact, that the kid in Connecticut, HAD 4 HAND GUNS, and not an assault rifle as previously reported.
And the Media, and the Govt kept that fact out of our minds while they let the country go ANTI-AR crazy.
That doesn't change the fact that gun control regulation has been found by the SCOTUS to be constitutional. There is no Second Amendment right infringement for the government to ban "assault weapons".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I thought he had a Bushmaster, which I understand is an AR15 clone.

overflowed

"What a scary black plastic gun! " Tell you what though, the all the companies that make em are at 24 hour production right now and are making a killing.

SmithBarney

I deliver to a gun shop daily, and he sells out of AR style guns DAILY.

MFE I might be wrong but I swear I heard it the other day... I'll find some facts.
(apparently I'm wrong maybe... there have been conflicting reports, but the best I can find is the newtown sheriff saying
he had the bushmaster in the school)

Last edited:

overflowed

I deliver to a gun shop daily, and he sells out of AR style guns DAILY.

MFE I might be wrong but I swear I heard it the other day... I'll find some facts.
I remember when it first happened they were saying that they found the bushmaster in the backseat of his car. Then all the sudden the media switched up and said he used it to kill the kids.

bbsam

Staff member
I remember when it first happened they were saying that they found the bushmaster in the backseat of his car. Then all the sudden the media switched up and said he used it to kill the kids.
First reports are seldom accurate and I don't recall Fox News disputing the report of an assaut weapon being used.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't. I fantasize about Megyn Kelly being "foxed" by Shep Smith. Yeah, it's a twisted soap opera, but hey, what's the alternative? Ed Schultz having his way with Andrea Mitcell? Eeeewww!

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I saw one of the conspiracy videos on youtube, I think it's by Alex Jones, Mr. Uber-Conspiracy himself, and the news originally did report that they found the long gun (rifle to the rest of us) in the trunk of his car and it was all captured on video. At this point though, we are splitting hairs, he did fire over a hundred rounds through hand guns and killed 20 children. This is a terrible tragedy that sadly, was most likely unpreventable. I don't think it will make any difference in forcing gun owners to only load 7 rounds in their 10-15 round magazine. A baddie can do just as much damage with a 5 or 6 shot revolver, a 5 round shotgun, or even a bow and arrow. All it takes is malevolent intent and the will to find a way.

TUT

I've had two raises in five years. Seen two buy outs and a lay off, yet we're yielding record profits, did record volumes, and are having extremely high stock prices. As I've thought since I had to do a few case study's on this horrendous company, they care only about the stockholder, not the ​shareholder.

First, what a month for the FDX stock so far.

Companies seemingly today will come up with any reason not to pay people. Now they hold Obamacare over us and they use, "it's not that it's costing us more now, it's just that we don't know what it might cost and that scares us". To me that is convenient for them. (To me I read is politics all the way there)

The net income of Fedex has quadrupled since 2002. Has your wages and benefits seen much of this? As you can see it has been bumpy, but it has bounced back to record profits. A company like Fedex has huge investments that can happen or be delayed, depending on how much profit they like to show.

2002 125 mil/qtr
2003 150 mil/qtr
2004 125 mil/qtr
2005 330 mil/qtr
2006 400 mil/qtr
2007 450 mil/qtr
2008 400 mil/qtr
2009 325 mil/qtr
2010 259 mil/qtr
2011 300 mil/qtr
2012 500 mil/qtr
2013 450 mil/qtr so far...

Also this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=fed...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

... is to your Fedex stock, click the Max button and notice the history line. Around the mid 90's the stock market not only took off from Fedex but mostly everyone. This is the Wall Street age. It has made the rich-mega rich. It has made a lot more people millionaires that weren't before. To me though it has eroded away more that the working middle class than anything else. It is too easy of a profit vs what owners knew historically before it. There is possibly more money to be had there than the actual products and services these companies offer (See Netflix below), this has never sat right with me. It's like fake, it's like a bubble. We are all now a slave to those numbers, too much has been leveraged against that. All said... even if wrong, sometimes you have to recognize the situation, unless it's against your beliefs you should be focused on how to make the market work for you.

If you have paid attention Netflix stock has gone up 60% this week to $170/stock, amazing, business is booming! They profited a measly 8 million dollars. There is still many issues surrounding their future, the rest of the industry is using their clout to make sure they can't get enough content to really make money over there. But I find it amazing the stock went up 60% and that amounted to just 8 million in profits. People expected a loss, but there was a gain... the frenzy commences. This is what all our lives is affected by, near insanity of money and reason.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First, what a month for the FDX stock so far.

Companies seemingly today will come up with any reason not to pay people. Now they hold Obamacare over us and they use, "it's not that it's costing us more now, it's just that we don't know what it might cost and that scares us". To me that is convenient for them. (To me I read is politics all the way there)

The net income of Fedex has quadrupled since 2002. Has your wages and benefits seen much of this? As you can see it has been bumpy, but it has bounced back to record profits. A company like Fedex has huge investments that can happen or be delayed, depending on how much profit they like to show.

2002 125 mil/qtr
2003 150 mil/qtr
2004 125 mil/qtr
2005 330 mil/qtr
2006 400 mil/qtr
2007 450 mil/qtr
2008 400 mil/qtr
2009 325 mil/qtr
2010 259 mil/qtr
2011 300 mil/qtr
2012 500 mil/qtr
2013 450 mil/qtr so far...

Also this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=fed...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

... is to your Fedex stock, click the Max button and notice the history line. Around the mid 90's the stock market not only took off from Fedex but mostly everyone. This is the Wall Street age. It has made the rich-mega rich. It has made a lot more people millionaires that weren't before. To me though it has eroded away more that the working middle class than anything else. It is too easy of a profit vs what owners knew historically before it. There is possibly more money to be had there than the actual products and services these companies offer (See Netflix below), this has never sat right with me. It's like fake, it's like a bubble. We are all now a slave to those numbers, too much has been leveraged against that. All said... even if wrong, sometimes you have to recognize the situation, unless it's against your beliefs you should be focused on how to make the market work for you.

If you have paid attention Netflix stock has gone up 60% this week to $170/stock, amazing, business is booming! They profited a measly 8 million dollars. There is still many issues surrounding their future, the rest of the industry is using their clout to make sure they can't get enough content to really make money over there. But I find it amazing the stock went up 60% and that amounted to just 8 million in profits. People expected a loss, but there was a gain... the frenzy commences. This is what all our lives is affected by, near insanity of money and reason.

You confuse me. On one hand, you provide evidence for us being severely underpaid, and on the other, you excoriate people like me for demanding more and refusing to kowtow to the "market prices" BS philosophy that everybody seems to be using these days.

Which is it for you? When you decide which part of your bifurcated rationale is correct, post something that makes sense.