Son-In-Law Just Got Back From Middle East Active Duty Alive. Just Sharing Pride.

A

anonymous6

he just got home a couple days ago and we can finally breathe again. it was touch and go for awhile because of tensions with Syria. he fixes jets and was at a secret tent city base. he told us conditions were terrible. 110 degree plus temps everyday, threats of missiles coming in, base evacs because of unmarked packages thought to be bombs and other stresses.

makes our jobs feel like a piece of cake.

I never worried or prayed so hard for his safety. my daughter has three children and if he had been killed over there...........well the thought kept me up nights.

well, anyway, we are so proud of him and am very thankful he got home in one piece. like the VET organizations say, "All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

just wanted to share this good news with all you people.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
he just got home a couple days ago and we can finally breathe again. it was touch and go for awhile because of tensions with Syria. he fixes jets and was at a secret tent city base. he told us conditions were terrible. 110 degree plus temps everyday, threats of missiles coming in, base evacs because of unmarked packages thought to be bombs and other stresses.

makes our jobs feel like a piece of cake.

I never worried or prayed so hard for his safety. my daughter has three children and if he had been killed over there...........well the thought kept me up nights.

well, anyway, we are so proud of him and am very thankful he got home in one piece. like the VET organizations say, "All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

just wanted to share this good news with all you people.
It sure does make us look like a bunch of whiny crying overpaid truckers, compared to what he did. Send me you addy or paypal, and Ill buy him a case. Small payment for his service, God Bless.

A

anonymous6

It sure does make us look like a bunch of whiny crying overpaid truckers, compared to what he did. Send me you addy or paypal, and Ill buy him a case. Small payment for his service, God Bless.

appreciate your offer and everyone else's well-wishes. I sent my daughter two bills to have a proper celebration.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad your son-in-law made it back home. I wish that we would bring all our people home, we have been over there too long.

S

serenity now

When you see him next, please tell him that you know a bunch of guys and gals that would like to thank him for his service, his sacrifice, and his dedication. I am not overlooking the fact that your daughter also shares a tremendous role regarding her sacrifice in this situation, and deserves our praise.

Sadly, I am old enough to recall an entire generation of young men that that did exactly what was asked of them by this country, but have never been thanked. And, it troubles me to this day.........

A

anonymous6

When you see him next, please tell him that you know a bunch of guys and gals that would like to thank him for his service, his sacrifice, and his dedication. I am not overlooking the fact that your daughter also shares a tremendous role regarding her sacrifice in this situation, and deserves our praise.

Sadly, I am old enough to recall an entire generation of young men that that did exactly what was asked of them by this country, but have never been thanked. And, it troubles me to this day.........

my father was also a jet engine mechanic during the Vietnam war and I remember how angry I got sticking up for him when my friends were telling me that he was "part of the problem" for his role in the war. it's funny. I was against the war but had nothing but pride in my father.

side story: my dad also fixed helicopters and I remember him telling me that the Iran hostage rescue would not work if they used helicopters because the filters were not made to keep out sand and that was exactly what happened. he took part in the investigation on why the copters failed. he's almost 90 and still speaks with bitterness on that stupid avoidable mistake that cost American lives.