Soooooo, assuming everybody got their DVD on Team Care...what do you think?

ups clerk

I do like that they lowered the Prescription from 10.00 to 5.00 copay and I do like that there is no longer a cap on Dental...
However there are still some issues not only regarding team care but things not covering team care, such as 9-5 rules, the fact that they only tweaked the 17i language instead of removing it, among other things, makes me lean toward voting no on the contract. What really makes me angry is that when the contract first came out, the union was boasting a huge starting wage for new hires. Huh? 10.00 an hour is not huge...Huge is 12-15 dollars an hour. Oh and 11.00 an hour for skilled jobs. Problem with that now, is that UPS is going high tech where eventually no jobs will be skilled anymore. Small sort in my building is now computerized where a scanner tells the sorter what bin to put the package. Eventually the Primary Sort Aisle well go automatic...along with HVD sorting jobs...so who is the company and for that matter, the Union, kidding?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
. What really makes me angry is that when the contract first came out, the union was boasting a huge starting wage for new hires. Huh? 10.00 an hour is not huge...Huge is 12-15 dollars an hour. Oh and 11.00 an hour for skilled jobs

Isn't starting PT pay $8.50/hr? If so, a $1.50 increase is significant. I myself would not call it huge, but it's better than nothing.

Isn't starting PT pay $8.50/hr? If so, a $1.50 increase is significant. I myself would not call it huge, but it's better than nothing.
Its $8.50 an hour now. and $9.50 once u get 90 days in..so technically you are getting a dollar raise 90 days early and 50 cents right off the bat!...by the way the starting wagein the min 1980s was $8 bucks an hour!

RealPerson

There is no longer a 30 day raise so at the end of the year
you are making almost the same as current contract contract, I forget exactly how much difference but not much.

With other jobs starting at almost that rate and Obama wants min wage to be $9
I am in it for $15 to $18 an hour.
When I started it was $8 an hour with $50 first year
Min wage was $4.50 ish so almost double min wage or close ight of been $5 not 100% sure but close.

Sure cost of Benefits have gone UP, BUT so has the cost to mail a package!

BEE51

DVD was nice, they told you what you wanted to hear. But what they did not say is how the retirement benefits is far less inferior to the plan that they are presented. When you retire that's when you your health coverage. Please go onto MYeamcare.org and read the differences and then please do yourself a favor and vote no.

BrownBrokeDown

DVD was nice, they told you what you wanted to hear. But what they did not say is how the retirement benefits is far less inferior to the plan that they are presented. When you retire that's when you your health coverage. Please go onto MYeamcare.org and read the differences and then please do yourself a favor and vote no.

I agree that the retirees are going to need some lube. It was one of the main reasons why I voted no on the National contract. However, voting no on supplements won't change a thing on the healthcare unless you are in the SW or West. They are supposedly working on a "carve-out". Whether it happens, and IF the retirees will be part of the "carve-out" remains to be seen. I have serious doubts that they will not be on Teamcare come January 1, and even if they are on a seperate plan, I doubt they will take the current retirees with them. Just my opinion.