Sorry Doc, I can't do that...

Shame, because to get a PhD, a person has to STUDY a lot for along time, give or take 5-10 years AFTER receiving their MASTERS.

If that's not enough to respect a person, hell, than I do not know... Hey. DO you respect Astronauts? Or are they just 'college educated dummies'.

Respect someone for getting an education? Well, I do respect the time and money they spent it get that education. However to respect that person just because they have a degree is ridiculous,IMO. They earn respect on how they conduct themselves and how they treat other people. I will give anyone the chance to conduct themselves in a respectful manner, if they don't do that then they are not worth my respect and will not get it because they have initials behind their name. It's about treating people right.
I guess, a lot of people here did not go to college, and hence think its ok to smash on people who did.

Maybe, just maybe, because more of us have been to college than you think we have reached a plateau of awareness that a degree sometimes only gets your foot in the door, it's what do and how you do it that matters.
Did I spend a lot on money on my education? Yes, have I seen the return on that investment? Not yet.

So, was it your money you wasted or Mom and Dad's?

Regardless, should the PhD be respected? I believe so, because that person, knows A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN YOU.

Maybe, but only about medicine. That kind of superficiality wears mighty thin. Evidently he has no clue on grace or proper decorum in a working atmosphere. He problem received "U's" on his report card for " Works well with others".

PS. If any of you guys been to college, you know its NOT all about studying, heck its 35% School, and 65% Partying, so the statement "college kids do not know how to behave socially", must be the MOST ridiculous statement I have read in my 27 years of live.
Thats all:) Go Cards
I didn't do any "partying" while I was in college, each morning I would get out of bed around 3:30 am to go to work for 5 hours before going to classes after class I went home to have family time with my wife and children. Rinse and repeat.

What if I'm neither? I call out people when they need to be called out. I hope there aren't people who never see racism. They would be lieing to themselves. I don't see whats so wrong with agreeing with the point that the driver wasn't treated respectfully, but he then reacted in a manner that was racist. I just call them like I see them.

IMO, anyone that never sees racism is in deep denial, but they do exist. I do understand not likening racism, I'm not a big fan of it myself. I just don't see the need in pointing it out all the time. I didn't see the OP as a slam against a race of people as much as a slam against one man, the Doctor in the story. With his Doctorate they should have thrown in a quick class in " How to treat people" and maybe no one would ever make fun of the way he talks. Again, IMO, the Doc in this story deserved zero respect because he showed none.

"You people on this forum really need to stop GENERALIZING PEOPLE. You hate management, you hate the sales guys, you hate College Kids. --
Jeez, unless you are a driver, no one gets your respect. NOT COOL."

OK, people who start a sentence with "You people"..........what people?
Women? Old folks? white folks? Fat folks? Uneducated folks? or all of the above?
More, I think it's anyone that doesn't agree with him.

Ups_ER

I didn't do any "partying" while I was in college, each morning I would get out of bed around 3:30 am to go to work for 5 hours before going to classes after class I went home to have family time with my wife and children. Rinse and repeat.

-- I guess you fit the description what the other person said, about not being social. IF YOU BEEN TO COLLEGE, and did not party, then yes YOU ARE A NERD w.o a social life (now community colleges do not count)

Really though, I'm just gonna step on your level and say that TEXAS people always have a weird outlook on life. Maybe its because you ALL carry guns ANYWHERE you go, or because you feel like all that Washington DC politic talk sounds like something from a different planet. Or maybe it's because half your population are illegal?

Either way, THE UPS driver should have waited the 1min, than come back 2morrow, as was suggested by another driver. THAT SIMPLE.

-

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
-- I guess you fit the description what the other person said, about not being social. IF YOU BEEN TO COLLEGE, and did not party, then yes YOU ARE A NERD w.o a social life (now community colleges do not count)

Really though, I'm just gonna step on your level and say that TEXAS people always have a weird outlook on life. Maybe its because you ALL carry guns ANYWHERE you go, or because you feel like all that Washington DC politic talk sounds like something from a different planet. Or maybe it's because half your population are illegal?

Either way, THE UPS driver should have waited the 1min, than come back 2morrow, as was suggested by another driver. THAT SIMPLE.

-
Where is Upstate to correct the grammar of this college educated poster?:whiteflag:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I once had a res delivery to a house that was accustomed to me DRing her packages.
On this particular day the package was a signature required by the shipper.
As she was not home I left my notice and off I went.
The next day I returned to find a nasty note that went on and on.
It included rhetoric about her having a job and how do you people expect me to be home on any given day.
Blah, blah, blah, it went.
In closing the note read in big bold letters:
I WILL BE HOME AT 6:30PM!!!!
So I took out my pen and wrote directly below:
SO WILL I !!!

Ups_ER

Where is Upstate to correct the grammar of this college educated poster?:whiteflag:

LOL, are you really gonna go that route? I cant say how many times, I've seen a misspelled word on here. ALMOST IN EVERY POST.

Grammar? This is the internet, we use symbols like xD: :) ;), abbreviations such as ROFL, LOL, LMAO, etc etc. Grammar does not really apply on the internet, however SPELLING DOES. And I believe I yet have to make a spelling error, unlike other people here.

This forum is a joke, I do not understand how UPS stays in business having employees such as yourself. You all feel like you are entitled to something more than your Paycheck. You work for UPS to deliver packages, no need to become all emotional when delivering them.

Everyone here should work on the same goal, which is to keep UPS in front of FEDeX. All these grievences etc etc just seem counterproductive. Think about it, the less customers we have, the less routes we need, the less drivers UPS needs, and before you know it, you are out of a job.

Please ban my account, as I have wasted valuable time posting here.

Adios amigos. And enjoy discussing how you can rip off the company you work for, or smash the people who run it.
For every driver out there, are 10 waiting take your job.
You should be proud working for UPS.

EDIT: I hope not everyone feels offended; this is meant for just a few select people. NOT YOU!

Ms Spoken

I had this customer that had three dogs that always gave me a hard time so I told the customer that I wouldn't delv unless they came out to the truck.

Long story short, the lady sent her 18 yr old daughter out to get her scrap book stuff and then called in a complaint that I threw the package at her daughter.

Well I'm here to tell you that if I threw a package your going to feel it and have a nice size mark kinda like road rash.

So from that day on I would I refused to delv. to her house because of the lower tree limbs and potholes the size of TP60. Didn't want to have an accident tagged on me.

She now gets a phone call and has to come to the center to pick up her pkgs. Problem solved and I never had to face this lady again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He's busy sitting on the fence.

...and, I gotta tell you, it is tough getting barbs out of your butt.:wink2:

I couldn't possibly begin to think that I, with only a measly Bachelor's degree, could possibly understand the real-life experience that Ups_ER brings to the table.

More said it best--books smarts, no common sense.

Ups_ER

More said it best--books smarts, no common sense.

Now listen up:

I've more street smarts than this board combined. I've lived in Germany, South America, Russia, Virginia, Missouri. (Most of you guys never leave the state)

Been there done that, TIMES a hundred.

That being said, this board is pathetic. How UPS even allows you guys to use their name I do not know. Any potential customer who takes a look at this site, will RUN to FedEx.

I'm sure this site was created by FedEx, because it sure is not creating any value for UPS.

Most you peeps THINK LIKE DINOSAURS, and NONE of you want to change a bit.

The people that do offer some value to this forum are being smashed for their 'ridiculous' ideas.

Seriously, BAN MY ACCOUNT PLEASE, I just have to reply anytime an even dumber post makes the list.

----------

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Seriously, BAN MY ACCOUNT PLEASE, I just have to reply anytime an even dumber post makes the list.

----------
Why are you still here then? You have asked to have your account banned before. Just click on that little red box with an X in your top right corner and not come back if you hate this site so much.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Now listen up:

I've more street smarts than this board combined. I've lived in Germany, South America, Russia, Virginia, Missouri. (Most of you guys never leave the state)

That being said, this board is pathetic. How UPS even allows you guys to use their name I do not know. Any potential customer who takes a look at this site, will RUN to FedEx.

I'm sure this site was created by FedEx, because it sure is not creating any value for UPS.

The people that do offer some value to this forum are being smashed for their 'ridiculous' ideas.

----------

We offer plenty of new ideas to change the company for the better. The people in the suits that are running us into the ground are the problem. They won't listen to anything unless it come from an IE Geek or an IT Nerd. We spend our days trying to serve the customer in spite of the obstacles management puts in our way. We are the man in the trenches trying to implement ideas that were not designed to fit in the real world. Get off your high horse and take your proper spelling, mangled sentences, basket weaving degree and globe trot out of here!! PS Go Brewers:whiteflag:

fethrs

If you say you are going to do something, especiallay on bc you better do it...go already. Threats are empty, proof isn't.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Shame, because to get a PhD, a person has to STUDY a lot for along time, give or take 5-10 years AFTER receiving their MASTERS.

If that's not enough to respect a person, hell, than I do not know... Hey. DO you respect Astronauts? Or are they just 'college educated dummies'.

I guess, a lot of people here did not go to college, and hence think its ok to smash on people who did. Did I spend a lot on money on my education? Yes, have I seen the return on that investment? Not yet.

Regardless, should the PhD be respected? I believe so, because that person, knows A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN YOU.

PS. If any of you guys been to college, you know its NOT all about studying, heck its 35% School, and 65% Partying, so the statement "college kids do not know how to behave socially", must be the MOST ridiculous statement I have read in my 27 years of live.
Thats all:) Go Cards
Respect is earned, not bought with a degree.

Yep, they have the "book-learnin'".....but I see them daily cross the street and not push the crossing button. I see them drive with no seat belts and I see them jog in the street when there's a 4' wide sidewalk available. Just members of the "not too bright" club.

Respect is earned on a person-to-person basis and has nothing to do with how many years you went to school.

Perpetual students come to mind.....people who can't decide on a major and keep switching and spend endless time in school. Dummies !!:sick:
Double Ditto, more.

-
Wow, that's a mouthful. I can't believe a young lady with a degree said that.

LOL, are you really gonna go that route? I cant say how many times, I've seen a misspelled word on here. ALMOST IN EVERY POST.

Grammar? This is the internet, we use symbols like xD: :) ;), abbreviations such as ROFL, LOL, LMAO, etc etc. Grammar does not really apply on the internet, however SPELLING DOES. And I believe I yet have to make a spelling error, unlike other people here.

This forum is a joke, I do not understand how UPS stays in business having employees such as yourself. You all feel like you are entitled to something more than your Paycheck. You work for UPS to deliver packages, no need to become all emotional when delivering them.

Everyone here should work on the same goal, which is to keep UPS in front of FEDeX. All these grievences etc etc just seem counterproductive. Think about it, the less customers we have, the less routes we need, the less drivers UPS needs, and before you know it, you are out of a job.

Please ban my account, as I have wasted valuable time posting here.

Adios amigos. And enjoy discussing how you can rip off the company you work for, or smash the people who run it.
For every driver out there, are 10 waiting take your job.
You should be proud working for UPS.

EDIT: I hope not everyone feels offended; this is meant for just a few select people. NOT YOU!
I'm offended.

Now listen up:

----------
First you were offended by the OP's Indian (Eastern) accent, then you were offended that people understood what the OP meant and finally you're upset because, um, because....sorry, what are you upset about? It just goes to show you. Young girls with college educations that try their hand at posting on the internet, should turn off the computer and do housework. Consider yourself STUGGED!:surprised::wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Why are you still here then? You have asked to have your account banned before. Just click on that little red box with an X in your top right corner and not come back if you hate this site so much.
Wondering the same thing.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

whiskey

Went to a Orthodontists office with a 2nd attempt C.O.D. today. Hygienist comes over to sign and I say it's a C.O.D. She tells the receptionist, who is filling out some sort of paperwork with a customer. She stays with the customer without even looking my way as if to say I'll be right there. I wait the allotted minute and bolt. Tomorrow is another day.
Assuming you left a second yellow, your check should be waiting for you today in an envelope. And the delivery should take all of 10 seconds. But your method of training is old school and not politically correct. The owner of the business may request the vendor to use Fedex in the future.