Sort observation. If I have medical marijuana card will I be refused employment?

Good evening I have been job searching for months and have finally found an opening nearby for a fedex package handler!!!
I am going to be calling to schedule a sort observation and when they ask me about the drug testing I am going to be honest and tell them I have a legal medical marijuana recommendation from my doctor. I have no medical necessity to use during work hours. I partake maybe once a month, if that! I am worried as I have read online places like this will refuse employment if you are honest about this..

Have any of you been honest and then refused employment? Received employment?
Thank you greatly for your time

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's gonna hurt your chances just about anywhere you apply.

Best bet is to ask your doctor for some of form of medication.

Good luck.

BulkRoute

Stop smoking weed for three to four weeks and apply for the job. Continue with your "medication" after your hired. I doubt half my old station would pass a drug test.

!Retired!

Sell the card and stop smoking weed. If you tell them, I doubt you'll be hired. If you don't and test positive, you definitely won't be hired.

SmithBarney

FedEx is a Zero Tolerance company, unfortunately medical needed or not. Of course the won't tell you that because it might be
discrimination.

thank you guys for your time and advice! i will not support a company like this then..
i will continue on my search for a job at Whole Foods, a company who provides health insurance for such a card and treats their employees a million times better.
thank you guys again good luck out there

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
thank you guys for your time and advice! i will not support a company like this then..
i will continue on my search for a job at Whole Foods, a company who provides health insurance for such a card and treats their employees a million times better.
thank you guys again good luck out there

I'll echo what the others said...smart choice. Even if you were to get hired at Express, they could always use your pot use against you and terminate you at any time under their "drug free" policies, which as others have pointed out, are a joke.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Or stop being a stoner.
Yeah, lets rely on opiate based pain killers and anti depressants for everything... Much more reliable than a low or even non addictive drug with no side effects.

Bro, what is your card for? If it's for a physical condition, being a PH will kill you. If it's for mental, PTSD, etc, you should be okay. If you tell them, they won't hire you. If you don't tell them and you test positive for THC, they will probably fire you, card or not. As evidenced by people in this post and by companies like FedEx, there is still a huge stigma with people smoking weed, even if it's for pain. I'd say to not say anything, then not smoke for a bit before the hiring process. I'm not sure how they do testing for PH's once you're hired. Even if you get fired from FedEx as a PH, it's a blessing. Maybe you'd have a nice lawsuit. How is it different than someone getting fired for taking vicodin?

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Whole foods, much better choice. You should go do a "ride along" or some type of observation if you can, knowing you won't hire on. In the middle of the day, light up a dooby and then show them your card. Don't do it if its illegal of course.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I got a buddy who works for whole foods. Their a good strong growing company. Id def look into that and pursue that route. He travels alot setting up new stores. He loves it and they take good care of their employees.

Yeah, lets rely on opiate based pain killers and anti depressants for everything... Much more reliable than a low or even non addictive drug with no side effects.

Bro, what is your card for? If it's for a physical condition, being a PH will kill you. If it's for mental, PTSD, etc, you should be okay. If you tell them, they won't hire you. If you don't tell them and you test positive for THC, they will probably fire you, card or not. As evidenced by people in this post and by companies like FedEx, there is still a huge stigma with people smoking weed, even if it's for pain. I'd say to not say anything, then not smoke for a bit before the hiring process. I'm not sure how they do testing for PH's once you're hired. Even if you get fired from FedEx as a PH, it's a blessing. Maybe you'd have a nice lawsuit. How is it different than someone getting fired for taking vicodin?
Dont worry about this guy. He probably still believes in reefer madness. But thanks for speaking the truth. It cant be said enough. Alcohol and prescription drugs have ruined a lot of lives.