Sorters? Wax?

HubBub

lol, thats the good stuff right there. There should be a station with a tapped 5 gallon bucket of that stuff combined with a water hose that dilutes it. When I was a pickoff, I'd fill several bottles with just the pure wax and no water and stash them somewhere. I'd dole it out to the other pickoffs like some sort of Robin Hood.

If the wax:water ratio is wrong it just makes the chutes even stickier and ends up being counter-productive. But the undiluted stuff will last the entire sort and make your life much much easier.

PS: Having to stop the belt to push a chute or break a jam means more hours for you which means more money for you. If management can't figure out that a small investment in lube equals a big return in production, then they take the hit while you make more money.

PPS: problems like this make me miss working in the hub.

Hey, to the sorters out there. What do you use to keep the shoots/slides slick so the packages just zip down. I don't know how other building are set up but ours is old with metal shoots. Where the loads separate. There is a metal flat piece right before the slides. I sort on a belt with 5 different load. We have wax in a spray bottle that is mixed with water and is crap. I have tried wd40 but its to expensive to use all the time. Anybody out there find something that works good. Half way through the night the boxes get harder to push as the slides get the spray wax off. It causes to get tired quicker/ fall-ins, belt turning off. Anyway thanks!
Ever go slide down a slide as a kid? Now just replace yourself with a box. Never heard of putting a wax on sort sliders or wd40...