Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Lugo, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Lugo

Lugo Member

I am a loader and I work hard! I've been working there for 3 weeks and they say I work as if I've been there for 10 years. I want to become a sorter because they get out earlier... I hate to tell my supervisor that I have to go at 5:00 PM because I have a class. At that time, sorters/unloader are already done. Also, 1$ raise is a plus. Should I wait until my trial is over and then let my supervisor know that I want to be a sorter? How many skilled position are there?
  2. 22.34life

22.34life Active Member

when you say you work like you have been there 10 years do you mean you work slow and only do the bare minimum.
  3. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

You don't have a trial if you're hired seasonal, which by all accounts you are. Besides, you need at least 9 months to put your name onto the transfer list for a different area. There are roughly 25-30 sorters until late November, when there are usually 35-40 sorters.

Ask the sort manager (Ryan) for a sort destination sheet and show interest in becoming a sorter. Don't mention it is for your personal gain, at least try to make it seem like it's for their advantage ( as this is a super greedy company) And remember, they're all here reading this forum every day too and know who you are.

4. Lugo

Lugo Member

OK. That's a lot of sorters. It's just that in class, they pick the guy who is more talkative.. who answer the questions. I know this because in my class they needed 3 sorters so there were 3 smart people in the class and they got chosen. Or they choose random? Why can't I ask my supervisor? ^_^;;

Oh, they read this? Good because I haven't done anything bad. Just that I've been asking so many question.. etc.

Do you work at Chelmsford?
  5. Lugo

Lugo Member

Because I used to work at a warehouse, I know how to play with the boxes. So, I am a loader and I did very good.. I think I did 200+ an hour on the first day.. and I was doing other stuff because it was slow. On the third day I think I did 300.. the volume was slow too. So my training told them that I work as if I've been there for 10 years. Also, they say I smile a lot and they like that. I don't know.. some manager said he hears good things about me. I am loading a slow one , he put me to do something slow.