Sound systems

acavale372

i have a perfect setup if u have internet on your phone..i use a powerful bluetooth speaker connected to my cellphone to stream music..dowloaded shoutcast ,youtube and pandora to my phone..now i have access to 3000 radio stations no static or commercials..aol radio too.never run out of things to listen to.speaker weighs 3 pounds and i carry it in my lunch box..no bulky radio to carry around ..rechargeble, has a woofer built in and runs on 12v dc..i keep it connected in ups truck ..also has line in for ipod hookup.i take it to the beach,outside by the pool,even in the backseat of my car..this thing is loud too.best purchase i ever made..

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
i have a perfect setup if u have internet on your phone..i use a powerful bluetooth speaker connected to my cellphone..dowloaded shoutcast ,youtube and pandora to my phone..now i have access to 3000 radio stations no static or commercials..aol radio too..speaker weighs 3 pounds and i carry it in my lunch box..no bulky radio to carry around ..rechargeble and runs on 12v dc..i keep it connected in ups truck ..also has line in for ipod hookup..best purchase i ever made..
How are you keeping it connected to the UPS truck? Last person that did that was terminated for starting a fire when a wire overheated and arced. Any modifications to the truck can and will land you a one way trip to the parkinglot if management finds out and needs to find a reason.

menotyou

bella amicizia
i have a perfect setup if u have internet on your phone..i use a powerful bluetooth speaker connected to my cellphone to stream music..dowloaded shoutcast ,youtube and pandora to my phone..now i have access to 3000 radio stations no static or commercials..aol radio too.never run out of things to listen to.speaker weighs 3 pounds and i carry it in my lunch box..no bulky radio to carry around ..rechargeble, has a woofer built in and runs on 12v dc..i keep it connected in ups truck ..also has line in for ipod hookup.i take it to the beach,outside by the pool,even in the backseat of my car..this thing is loud too.best purchase i ever made..

What is the brand?

guinness413

..my iPod in a lil Iplay portable..on the dash between windshield and display..rechargeable batts...id go nuts all day without it..this past peak was great,i had the helper from hell,a "jersey shore " situation guido"..i played heavy doses of The Misfits,Agnostic Front,Bouncing Souls..all great punk :censored2:e,i thought he was gonna cry,but it made him move ....

klein

Für Meno :)
I have this half a day opportunity to buy this Yamaha Home Theatre System, brand new, for only $350.00 (in airmiles). Retail price is $690 !

Not sure if I should get it, since I already have the Sony Dream Hometheatre System, but not as updated and great as this Yamaha is.

What should I do ?

Description

AV Receiver (RX-V471):

• 5-channel powerful surround sound (105W per channel)
• Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
• Multi-language on-screen display GUI including album art
• 1080p-compatible HDMI (4 in/1 out)
• HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
• HDMI CEC with versatile control from AV Receiver remote control
• HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)
• Virtual Presence Speaker function for 3-dimensional sound images
• Auto power down function with variable time setting

Speaker System (NS-AP2600):

• Type: Acoustic suspension
• Speaker: Satellite: 2.5” Cone woofer + 1/2” dome tweeter Center: 2.5” Cone woofer x 2 + 1/2” dome tweeter
• Frequency Range: Satellite: 90 Hz - 50,000 Hz Center: 90 Hz - 50,000 Hz
• Impedance: 6 ohms
• Nominal Input: 30W
• Maximum Input: 100 Watts
• Sensitivity (dB/2.83v. 1m) Satellite: 85 dB Center: 85 dB
• Crossover Frequency Satellite: 4000 Hz Center: 4000 Hz
• Dimension (H x W x D) Satellite: 6-3/8” x 4” x 4” (160 x 100 x 100 mm) Center: 4” x 11-7/8” x 4” (100 x 300 x 100 mm)

Subwoofer (YST-FSW100)

• Slim Design Is Only 157mm (6-3/16”) Deep to Match Plasma Displays and Flat TVs
• Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology) for Deep, Powerful Bass
• Powerful 16cm (6.5”) Multi-Range Driver with Magnetic Shielding
• 130 W Dynamic Power
• 30-200 Hz Frequency Response
• Dimensions: 153/4” x 143/4” x 63/16” (400 x 375 x 157 mm)

Manufacturer's suggested retail price: $690.00

There is even a youtube video about this system:

[video=youtube;x4xXotRmzlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xXotRmzlw[/video]

http://vafloc02.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f703/img-63703-friend.jpg

I use a small Radio Shack radio that is small enough to fit into my shirt pocket for the trip home. It puts out great sound, and makes the day go a lot faster. I keep it above the driver's door while working.

HomeDelivery

that's pretty kewl... thanks for sharing that tidbit of info

it can be had for less than $25 shipped on eBay; getting one to try it out with a handful of rechargeable AAA batteries.

klein

Für Meno :)
that's pretty kewl... thanks for sharing that tidbit of info

it can be had for less than $25 shipped on eBay; getting one to try it out with a handful of rechargeable AAA batteries.

Yeah, would be neat to try it on the huge tin box you guys drive (UPS truck). Stick it to a wall there :)