South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

KingofBrown

Who do you think is going to win this time?

South Africa FIFA World Cup.jpg

Predicitons say Germany will be the holder of that precious Cup. Who knows. Lets see.
South Africa FIFA World Cup.jpg

P

pickup

I don't see Canada in any of the groups. If they could just learn to take their ice skates off, they might have better results on a grass field

KingofBrown

Any other team, besides Canada, to give your comments. What do you think of Spain? They've been ranked #1 by FIFA.

England vs. USA, on Saturday the 12.

P

pickup

Any other team, besides Canada, to give your comments. What do you think of Spain? They've been ranked #1 by FIFA.

England vs. USA, on Saturday the 12.

I am sure that some would find this sad, but I have no interest in the world cup. Looking at the teams that are participating, I am rooting for Denmark. Only because if they win, the streets of my neigborhood won't be jammed up with cars with their occupants honking their horns and waving the flags of Denmark. Now, if Mexico won, forget it, there would no peace in my neighborhood.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Hey lets run around for 100+ min and settle on a 0-0 game :knockedout:..................... TERRIABLE.... JMOP and that is the one that matters to me

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's a shame that soccer hasn't caught on here in the States as it is the most pure team sport that we have.

I will not be following nor have any interest in the World Cup.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Most people aren't interested in a game that can END in a tie.......what's the point of it?

Most People? Soccer is the most watched sport in the world. American "Football" pales in comparison to the amount of people that watch soccer.

The point is the difficulty. It's not just about how many goals, but the strategy and creativity of the players and managers. If you ever really got into the game you would see the brilliance of it and the beauty of the game. It also brings people together from all walks of life, races, religions or whatever to enjoy it. The World Cup is the worlds largest sporting event. Having it in South Africa is the biggest thing to happen to that country since the end of aparteid and the rise of Nelson Mandela. The history of the game there is such an amazing story. ESPN had a great documentary about the former political prisoners that started a soccer league in the prison. Thats how they learned to govern and lead thru the soccer organization. Thats where Mandela and many of his advisors and other leaders became Leaders. Soccer can be so much more than a simple game!!

grgrcr88

And the score will be 0 to 0 !!

The group games are the only ones that can end in a tie, after the round robin play ends and the 16 teams are set, it then becomes a single elimination tournament. None of the knock out games can end in ties.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can't be converted. It's like watching golf or bass fishing to me.....but, if you enjoy it, go for it. Too Euro por moi.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I watched England and the USA play to a 1-1 tie.
There are points awarded for wins and ties.
The USA has some huge momentum going into Friday's game with Algeria.
They outplayed the Brits big time in the 2nd half, but no goals.

S. Korea was AWESOME!!!!

diesel96

I watched England and the USA play to a 1-1 tie.
There are points awarded for wins and ties.
The USA has some huge momentum going into Friday's game with Algeria.
They outplayed the Brits big time in the 2nd half, but no goals.

S. Korea was AWESOME!!!!

Out played the Brits ? The game I saw, the Brits controlled the ball and the tempo of the game on our side of the field for most of the 2nd half...
They had more shots.....more shots on goals, more corner kicks, crisper passing, and lets be honest, their goalkeeper gave us one....But we'll take it, and build on it.....

wkmac

I can't be converted. It's like watching golf or bass fishing to me.....but, if you enjoy it, go for it. Too Euro por moi.

More,

Soccer, like hockey doesn't transition well over TV but I've heard so many people say they didn't care for hockey but take them to a hockey game, and they go nuts over it. Soccer is much the same way.

As to the US/UK, I didn't get to see the game but considering the UK heritage with soccer, I was expecting a UK win. A tie may have to some degree equaled that feat for the US.

My condolences to Nelson Mandella on the loss of his great grand daughter. On the eve of what some might consider a bit of historical crowning achievement for him, to have to endure this tragic moment is very sad.

over9five

Staff member
My condolences to Nelson Mandella on the loss of his great grand daughter. On the eve of what some might consider a bit of historical crowning achievement for him, to have to endure this tragic moment is very sad.

+1, sad story. Thirteen years old, her driver was charged with drunk driving.

Seen here in green:
t1larg.mandela.family.gi.jpg

Story

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Out played the Brits ? The game I saw, the Brits controlled the ball and the tempo of the game on our side of the field for most of the 2nd half...
They had more shots.....more shots on goals, more corner kicks, crisper passing, and lets be honest, their goalkeeper gave us one....But we'll take it, and build on it.....

You must have been watching the wrong game. It's the way the ball is "handled" is what makes the difference. The Brits were no where close to the goal with their shots. Kicked one directly at the Keeper. Corner kicks means the ball went out of bounds. Even the Commentators commented on how the US outplayed England!! "Giving us one" is part of the game!

grgrcr88

You must have been watching the wrong game. It's the way the ball is "handled" is what makes the difference. The Brits were no where close to the goal with their shots. Kicked one directly at the Keeper. Corner kicks means the ball went out of bounds. Even the Commentators commented on how the US outplayed England!! "Giving us one" is part of the game!

I would agree the US outplayed the English in the first half and had far more legitimate chances to score. However after the goal it's like the US decided one was enough and they would just sit back and play defense. The Brits took the game to US in the second half. If the US wants to go far in this tournament they will have to attack more than they did in that second half.

Congrats to Ghana on their HUGE win over Serbia, first ever win in a world cup by an African team, IN AFRICA!!! Fantastic!!