South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

KingofBrown

Yes, this was an awesome World Cup. And a fantastic and historic one for many of the so called Underdogs. Germany will get tougher for 2014, that's for sure, Klein.

Well, it's all over. Paul the octopus was right, again !

Spain was the better team today, so I guess they deserved the win.
They won their last 4 games just 1:0, and I still believe, Germany with the most overall goals, should have been in the final, but they screwed it up.

The whole worldcup was great to watch, and full of excitement.
I hope I get to watch most of the games played in 2014, too. Will be closer played in our timezone (evening games), so that's a bonus, having them played in Brazil .

Congrats to Spain !

But, honestly, I was hoping for penalty kicks, during the OT period.
Atleast, I got a whole 120 minutes worth of soccer, that billions around the world were watching.

KingofBrown

I get nostalgic that the World Cup has come to an end, but at the same time I'm excited for 2014, and to watch the progress of players during these 4 years. Yes, it was very interesting exchanging points of view, because I think we all got a more plenty view of this World Cup's teams, games, and players; and even the referees, lol.

It sucks that Holland lost. I really wanted them to win over Spain.
What also sucks is this thread is going away.
I had fun except for when UpsState barged in.
I have to say that Klein; grgrcr88 and KingofBrown made it more fun with their 2 cents and insight.
Thanks to everyone else that contributed. Except UpsState:wink2:.
I'm seriously thinking about a Brazil trip in 2014.
Post that link for the US hosting in 2018 or 2022 again. It would be awesome and if UPS was an official sponsor, it would be even more awesome.

Cheers!

klein

Für Meno :)
And congrats to South Africa as a nation. They have proven they have what it takes to hold a world event.
They can now become a contender for hosting the Summer Olympics.
They have the stadiums, the waterfront, and would make a good host.

GRG, I don't know how you predicted that outcome. I watch soccer, even watched the European Championships Cub (B.Munich - I.Mailand). I do watch as much as I can.
I hope in 2 years time, they will show more coverage of the European National Cup, then they have in the past, (mainly nothing) !

But, admit it, it took a lot of luck, considering Spain barely even went into the top 16, and if Robyn would have scored in his all alone getaway... but, like I said, the better team did win today, but I'm not saying the best team won the cup !

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Yes too bad its over. It would be so great if there was an International league that held games year round! Not sure its feasable since all the players are playing on their respective club teams and it may take a little away from the World Cup. But I love watching the International game. The only thing even close to this level of play is the Champions League.

As for my prediction, I will say, I watch probably more soccer than anyone you know! If not the entire game, I watch the highlights of almost every game in every league! Either on the Fox Soccer Channel or on a great web sight.

It's been fun guys, I too will miss it!!