South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Another major upset ! Mexico 2 Franch 0

Must be tons of mexicans out on the streets there, waving flags and honking horns !
They deserved it !

I do not think thats an upset, Mexico has looked very, very good in their latest friendlies and even in qualifying. France on the othe hand should not even be in the tournament!! If not for a Goal scored by a blatent handball by Thiery Henry they would be watching from home on the television. Neither them nor Italy are the powerhouse they once were. The coaches are to stuck on the old(experienced)players while other teams, like Mexico have gone with much younger and creative players.

klein

Für Meno :)
I do not think thats an upset, Mexico has looked very, very good in their latest friendlies and even in qualifying. France on the othe hand should not even be in the tournament!! If not for a Goal scored by a blatent handball by Thiery Henry they would be watching from home on the television. Neither them nor Italy are the powerhouse they once were. The coaches are to stuck on the old(experienced)players while other teams, like Mexico have gone with much younger and creative players.

You do know, Italy won the Euro Championship just 2 years ago (takes place every 4 years).
But, I admit, they sure haven't looked like them yet.

I'm cheering for Germany. I think they have a chance at it.
And I was really happy to see "my" Mexicans win today.
I'll be cheering them on as well, until they are out. They might have to play Argentina in the first do or die round !

grgrcr88

You do know, Italy won the Euro Championship just 2 years ago (takes place every 4 years).
But, I admit, they sure haven't looked like them yet.

I'm cheering for Germany. I think they have a chance at it.
And I was really happy to see "my" Mexicans win today.
I'll be cheering them on as well, until they are out. They might have to play Argentina in the first do or die round !

No, Spain won the Euro's.

klein

No, Spain won the Euro's.

Sorry, gee Spain... that was an upset... dind't know that.
I did watch the League Championships Cup.
My favorite team Bayern Munich lost against Inter Milan (german team - italien team) for that cup just last month (april 22nd).

klein

Well, another major upset. Germany loses to Serbia 0:1 !!
The spanish referee had something to do with it. Germany played with only 10 men for an hr.
And 9 yellow cards were also handed out, in a fair game, that didn't call for as many.
Germany couldn't score on a penalty shot. For that reason alone, Serbia deserves it.

In a few minutes the US teams plays Slovenia.

ups1990

Good, now they can be proud of their country and STAY THERE !!
You really have a hatred towards Mexican people. This is a sports forum thread, in particular, World Cup soccer. If the majority of the Mexicans in South Africa are indeed from Mexico, do yo want these people to stay in Africa and not go home. It's clear from your comments, where you stand and where your hatred is directed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, I don't hate Mexicans. I hate illegals.....no matter where they are from. You're right, the sports venue is not the place for it.......so, Hooray Lakers!!

grgrcr88

OMG, what a terrible start for the Americans. Down 2-0 at half. They will be lucky to come away with a draw here.

klein

OMG, what a terrible start for the Americans. Down 2-0 at half. They will be lucky to come away with a draw here.

Against the tiny country of only 2 Million population !
Might be the biggest upset sofar in this worldcup.

Got to wonder about those jerseys , though.
Looks like pirates playing against Charlie Browns

grgrcr88

omg, omg, omg!!! We fight back to even, score the game winner in the closing minutes only to be called back by some mystery call by the referee. 15 minutes after the game and still no one can tell us what the call is!!! If the USA din't advance now this is the bigest mistake by a referee in the history of the game. Well maybe up there with Maradonna's hand of god goal anyway.

klein

omg, omg, omg!!! We fight back to even, score the game winner in the closing minutes only to be called back by some mystery call by the referee. 15 minutes after the game and still no one can tell us what the call is!!! If the USA din't advance now this is the bigest mistake by a referee in the history of the game. Well maybe up there with Maradonna's hand of god goal anyway.

Got to admit, it was a good exciting game. The referee whistled as soon as the ball was kicked. I don't know either, what he has seen. But, was all sorts of a scruffel.
They predict England to win against Nigeria by 2 , 3 or more goals.
I hope they don't. If Nigeria can steal a point, it's better for the US.
Slovenia needs atleast 1 more point to advance now, and that will be hard to earn against England.
ofcourse, thats counting the US will win against Nigeria, if they don't they are out.

grgrcr88

Got to admit, it was a good exciting game. The referee whistled as soon as the ball was kicked. I don't know either, what he has seen. But, was all sorts of a scruffel.
They predict England to win against Nigeria by 2 , 3 or more goals.
I hope they don't. If Nigeria can steal a point, it's better for the US.
Slovenia needs atleast 1 more point to advance now, and that will be hard to earn against England.
ofcourse, thats counting the US will win against Nigeria, if they don't they are out.

It's Algeria, and the resuls today will have a large affect on the USA's future. The best possible results would be a draw between Algeria and England and then an England win against Slovenia and USA win over Algeria. It is a huge disgrace on this World Cup that a terrible call like this can and probably will have an effect on who goes thru to the round of 16!!

klein

It's Algeria, and the resuls today will have a large affect on the USA's future. The best possible results would be a draw between Algeria and England and then an England win against Slovenia and USA win over Algeria. It is a huge disgrace on this World Cup that a terrible call like this can and probably will have an effect on who goes thru to the round of 16!!

Is that how it is reported there ?
I disagree. The whistle was blown before the ball even made it into the 16 meter zone. Therefor already called off, long before any player even touched it.
I bet there is 1 guilty US player that was holding a Slovenian.

I would agree with you, if the goal simply wasn't given, and no whistle prior.
But, the penaltly was called long before that.

grgrcr88

Is that how it is reported there ?
I disagree. The whistle was blown before the ball even made it into the 16 meter zone. Therefor already called off, long before any player even touched it.
I bet there is 1 guilty US player that was holding a Slovenian.

I would agree with you, if the goal simply wasn't given, and no whistle prior.
But, the penaltly was called long before that.

The whistle blew after the strike. Have you seen the replay, every one of the US players was being horse collard no way there was a foul on the USA. Absolutely horrible call and to make it worse the referee refused to give any reason for the whistle. It's as if he really has no idea what the call was himself. HORRIBLE,HORRIBLE MISTAKE!!!!!

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The whistle blew after the strike. Have you seen the replay, every one of the US players was being horse collard no way there was a foul on the USA. Absolutely horrible call and to make it worse the referee refused to give any reason for the whistle. It's as if he really has no idea what the call was himself. HORRIBLE,HORRIBLE MISTAKE!!!!!
I was watching the game with some people too and no one could see a foul or an offsides by the US team. You are right, the Slovenians were all over every US player!
Bunch of BS!! Plain and simple.

klein

Yes, seen the replay several times, and the way they portrayed it here, was the whistle was blown almost instantly after the free kick, long before anybody else even touched the ball !

Because of what though, is still unknown, but like I said, probably a US player holding a Slovenian. ?????