South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

klein

Für Meno :)
Who's gonna' win? I originally said Brazil and stick by it:surprised:

I said from the start Brazil or Argentina, but I do still give Germany a good chance at it.
I seen Argentina play today, again. They are pretty mighty.
I'll see how Germany looks like today.
Canada plays hockey like that, too. They slack off for a game, but then come back and win the Gold or Worldcup.

klein

What a dramatic win by the US. That's what I love to see in a World Cup.

No doubt ! 1 minute after regular play time.
But, trust me, I was hoping for that.... Too bad Slovenia couldn't tie it up though. :(

First time I ever did that. Watched both games at once. One on TV, the other on my coffee table with my laptop.

That takes concentration, and couldn't even take a pee break !

KingofBrown

The game Germany vs Ghana is on right now. If Serbia wins to Australia, which is almost certain, in the game Germany vs Ghana: If Ghana wins Germany, Germany's out. If they tie, Germany is out. So it's a decisive game for Germany, and the last African hope, Ghana.

But, trust me, I was hoping for that.... Too bad Slovenia couldn't tie it up though. :(

klein

The game Germany vs Ghana is on right now. If Serbia wins to Australia, which is almost certain, in the game Germany vs Ghana: If Ghana wins Germany, Germany's out. If they tie, Germany is out. So it's a decisive game for Germany, and the last African hope, Ghana.

I have faith in Germany. I call it 3:0 for them.

KingofBrown

LOL. That's what happens to all of us at the last First Round games.

First time I ever did that. Watched both games at once. One on TV, the other on my coffee table with my laptop.

That takes concentration, and couldn't even take a pee break !

klein

So did Ghana. I'm watching.
1 thing about africans though. They are only good in short run.
They will run out of energy and concentration in the 2nd period.

KingofBrown

They both qualified. That was a great goal.

Germany vs England, can't wait for that game.

So did Ghana. I'm watching.
1 thing about africans though. They are only good in short run.
They will run out of energy and concentration in the 2nd period.

klein

Dammit, I wanted a USA - Germany game !!!!
USA can beat Ghana, that will probably make the best performance ever for them.

England - Germany , thats gonna be a rough one ! 2 Rivals that still hate eachother.

I feel sad for the Aussies.... I don't think they ever made it into the secondary round.
Germany screwed them twice... first beating them 4:0, then only doing 1:0 today. The Aussies needed more help from Germany.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Dammit, I wanted a USA - Germany game !!!!
USA can beat Ghana, that will probably make the best performance ever for them.

England - Germany , thats gonna be a rough one ! 2 Rivals that still hate eachother.

I feel sad for the Aussies.... I don't think they ever made it into the secondary round.
Germany screwed them twice... first beating them 4:0, then only doing 1:0 today. The Aussies needed more help from Germany.

England: 2 / Germany: 0
Germany is ranked two points above England, but that really means nothing to me.
Bill Clinton said it poorly: "In the end it's just a mind Game".

klein

England: 2 / Germany: 0
Germany is ranked two points above England, but that really means nothing to me.
Bill Clinton said it poorly: "In the end it's just a mind Game".

If your prediction is right, the Germans would be going home in disgrace. I give it 2:1 for Germany.
Remember, no more tie games now.... will go into extra time, then penalty shots if tied after 90min.

klein

In probably the most exciting game sofar, esspecially the last half hour, Worldcup heros go to worldcup zeros. Italy joins France going home in disgrace.

Paraquay took the day off. Can't blame them. They need to reserve all the energy for games later in the tourny.

I'm quite happy with those results.
And England will be next to go home , soon ! :)

Hoping Denmark makes it later today.

KingofBrown

Italy, last place in its group, weren't they? This World Cup is full of surprises. The USA made a good World Cup in 2002, so I won't be surprised if they make it to the 8's. Good for Paraguay, it's sad one of his best players, if not the best, Cabañas couldn't go to the World Cup after such an incident. Netherlands winning Cameroon 2-1, almost finished. Japan 3-1 to Denmark. Is Captain Tsubasa playing or what? Good Japanese team.

klein

Excellent Japs team ! Best free kicks in this tourny sofar !
Only the second time in history that they get to move on to the top 16.

The Europeans are being elimated like flies.
I got everything I wanted today. I do like the underdogs to move on.

klein

Portugal - Brazil @ halftime 0:0

Not really exciting play wise.... but those yellow cards make the game very interessting. 7 of them already.
So, I'm betting this game won't end with 11 players on each side. If it keeps going like this, maybe 9 versus 10 players... !!!!